1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

(USA) WTS Multiple Companies PRICES SUPER REDUCED

Discussion in 'Completed Sale/Wanted Threads' started by SquishySquishy, Mar 2, 2019.

1. SquishySquishy

SquishySquishy Well-Known Member

Something just occurred to me, so update on Nox bidding:

All bids from here on out will extend bidding by 12 hours. I don’t want to have to deal with people trying to snipe right at the end.
    (if anyone has a better suggestion on how to deal with that, please let me know)

2. WakoTabacco

WakoTabacco New Member

I was actually wondering; what time zone are we following for the end of the auction? Also had in mind about the possible situation of last minute bids, so glad you brought it up.

Still trying to think of a better solution to last minute bidding though; that's always a problem with any auction. :L

3. SquishySquishy

Hm, good point. I guess I’m saying that the official end is 11:59pm EST on Friday, but bids placed at like 10pm EST will extend it to 10am on Saturday so that if someone has to work or something they’re not missing the last bids?

4. SquishySquishy

Nox is now at $300.

5. WakoTabacco

WakoTabacco New Member

Nox - $310 + Aus International Shipping Costs.

6. WakoTabacco

WakoTabacco New Member

I feel like I've spent too long tryna think of a better solution but the best thing I could really come up with was whoever else places a bid within the last hour of the auction will be the only people able to rebid for an extended period (including the highest bidder prior). At this point the auction is extended 24 hours between those still bidding for the item.

You (Bidder) PM the seller (in this case, you "SquishySquishy" within those 24 hours, stating the max price only once, that you are willing to pay. Between the price that is currently on bid, the bid increases incrementally with the highest bid.

(Example: "BigButtAlias1" has PMed her max bid as $400, "BigButtAlias2" max bid at $500, "BigButtAlias3" at $650, my current bid of $285 becomes outbid and the new current bid is $510 since "BigButtAlias2" max outs at $500 but since "BigButtAlias3" has set his max bid to $650, he takes the highest current bid at $510 with some leeway. Later on "BigButtAlias4" PMs her max price at $550, the new current bid is still held by "BigButtAlias3" but the bid is now $560).

The seller will not update the auction bids though in this extended time, only at the end of the extended 24 hour; to give everyone a fair shot and to avoid further sniping.

Even with this thought out method though, there are still quite a few flaws that I can't really think of a solution to without introducing another problem and making everything further convoluted..

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  7. SquishySquishy

I really like some aspects of this, however I don't think I'd be able to keep up with all of that.
    I also want to try to keep things relatively public so there is not a question of me forcing prices up somehow.

As a side note to all of this, as it was mentioned by a mod of the other forum that I'm running this on, if mods need to see evidence of bids just let me know.

8. WakoTabacco

WakoTabacco New Member

Yeah, like stated at the end, there are still quite a few flaws that I can't really think of a solution to without introducing another problem and making everything further convoluted.. :L

9. SquishySquishy

I doubt I'll have much opportunity to do something like this again in the future, but I'm wondering if Ebay would be a better option? I guess the problem of sniping would be even worse with that, but at least it would be run somewhat automatically?

10. Slaanesh

Slaanesh Well-Known Member

Just do it so that each bid extends the auction by an hour, so it doesn't keep going on for days

11. SquishySquishy

That would be helpful, but unfortunately between work and the shop I'm not really able to update quite that frequently. T-T

12. SquishySquishy

Nox is now at $320.

13. WakoTabacco

WakoTabacco New Member

Whether this was through Ebay or some other convention, it would still have the same complications with last minute bids; there'd be no leeway with extending auction time since, once it's set up, it's basically all automated until the auction finishes. Personally I hate online auctions because of this, and various other reasons.

14. WakoTabacco

WakoTabacco New Member

You didn't really think anything through with your suggestion..

What's stopping me from bidding last minute in that extended hour for example? Time extends another hour, someone else bids last minute, etc, etc. Also not taking into account time zones, others could be working, studying, etc.

With your suggestion it'd be better to just have a standard cut throat auction where if you're here when the auction ends and your last minute bid happens to be the winning bid, whelp, lucky you.

15. WakoTabacco

WakoTabacco New Member

Nox - $330 + Aus International Shipping Costs.

16. SquishySquishy

Nox is now at $340.

17. SquishySquishy

Nox and Ziq have sold. ^^

Zaphora and stuck-on-the-knot1 like this.
  18. Zaphora

Zaphora Moderator Staff Member

Are all of your toys sold?

19. SquishySquishy

Nope, most of them are still up. The only ones which have sold are marked with a "SOLD" and strikethrough text.

20. SquishySquishy

Prices reduced as of 3/9.

Zaphora likes this.