1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Werewolves or Vampires?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Caracal, Oct 18, 2014.

?

Werewolves or Vampires?

Poll closed Oct 31, 2014.
  1. Werewolves

47.1%
  2. Vampires

11.8%
  3. Anything that doesn't sparkle

41.2%
  1. Caracal

Caracal Warm-blooded Cat Furniture

We need more random conversation threads. So, in the spirit of the season...

Which are better: werewolves or vampires?! Why?

Both are sexy as hell; I can cast no vote.
    Voting closes on Halloween.

2. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

It depends on what versions of each type that you mean

I'm for werewolves but it has to be the ones from the Laurell K. Hamilton books. powers include
    Insane Strength
    At will transformation
    Partial and Full transformation
    Can't contract diseases
    Immortal (actually not sure on this one xD)
    Nearly indestructible
    Heightened senses in human form

Caracal likes this.
  3. Caracal

Pick your favorite version :D

I'm rather partial to the original Dracula (the novel), minus the smell. For all the movie's problems, I loved the werewolves in Van Helsing.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  4. YogSothoth

YogSothoth Most definitely a vagina wielder

I'll just leave this here:

Caracal and Reptile like this.
  5. vahaala

vahaala Nobody wants him, he just stares at the world...

Werewolves 4life
    Seriously, what's more badass than a huge creature with inhuman speed, strength, deadly sharp claws etc and looking like an anthro wolf? Compared to puny vampires, I'd pick werewolf at any given time, you think why my character is a werewolf, huh? ^^

Caracal likes this.
  6. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

This poll being asked on a primarily furry site seems biased for ww lol

Caracal likes this.
  7. Reptile

Reptile Semi-Professional Butthole Spelunker

Neither has shit on the Wendigo.

aazhie, Gearhead and Caracal like this.
  8. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf lmnop

Fuzzy muzzles.

Caracal likes this.
  9. Caracal

Raw animal strength, claws, tails, fuzzy fur, howling at the moon...
    Sexy accents, grand castles, gothic clothes, flight, and the fangs are super-fun to wear in public...
    Nope, still can't choose.

10. GuyStripes

GuyStripes An automatonic shark pirate

Hmm. According to the poll I'm in the minority. When is that new?

I'm going with Vampires.

Caracal likes this.
  11. Exeter

Exeter Cuddly, Snuggly, Slutty Dragon

Who doesn't love werewolves??? I love a good werewolf movie myself, though there aren't many. Dog Soldiers was enjoyable, I'm always into practical werewolf effects, give me some good makeup and I'm totally satisfied. The Giant Werewolf in Underworld: Awakening miiiiiiight have been extremely exciting for me :3

*loves werewolves and hyper muscle and they just put them together.... uunnfffffff......*

Caracal and SnowLycan like this.
  12. Reptile

I prefer Werebears, myself.

Grimmyr and Caracal like this.
  13. SnowLycan

SnowLycan ☆*:.。.Mahou shoujo.。.:*☆

The reason I pick werewolves is not the obvious reason of being a lycan but the fact they have so many plus sides to a vampire.

As a werewolf/lycanthrope you have almost half your lycan strength or a bit more in human form. You don't age as fast as humans but you will eventually pass on. Cause to be honest living forever can be a bit sucky if all you see is how the world goes to shit and often you'll have trouble keeping up with societies changes most often not for the better. But there are ways for a lycan to be immortal.

Your lycan form is pretty damn intimidating especially standing on your hind legs. Come on when you see a Wolf snarl at you in rl don't tell me you don't naturally get a spooked down to the core. So that snarl plus a form that could possibly be as big as a man or slightly bigger is surely more terrifying.
    You can eat relatively anything a human can just a bit more so nothing odd about that.
    Wolf like hearing, sense of smell and eye sight. (Don't worry you won't be colour blind). You can also see well in the dark to. The sense of smell is a bit tricky to master but my advice is just avoid people that like to wear strong perfumes or aftershaves.

Sure the transformation sucks at first but you get use to it after a while. Transforming is also a vulnerable stage so choose your moments wisely. With a lot of training you can control your lupus form but that will take time and a lot of training. You'll learn control faster if another lycan finds you to teach you or and Alpha let's you into his pack.

I probably should stop rambling or I'd fill this forum right up with one post.

But Yeh lycans all the way for me. Or any type of Wereshifters. Please do not ever mention blood fairies as vampires and shape shifters as werewolves because I may have to kill you. Fucking sparkling pansies.

vahaala and Caracal like this.
  14. Ajax

Ajax Guest

Werewolves all day everyday.
    My werewolves are much more similar to what you might consider a shapeshifter, as they shift into absolutely normal looking wolves. I always thought the bipedal monstery ones were a bit unrealistic (yeah, I know, they aren't necessarily supposed to be but bear with me), and in order to keep them from being found out by the human population the best way for them to shift would be is into a regular ol' wolf. I used to have a roleplay forum where this was crucial because the werewolves of course had to blend with the population of the town. They were forced to shift on the full moon, of course, but could also transform at will. They also must eat some type of raw meat on the moon, whether it's animal or human doesn't matter. They were also immortal and had superhuman strength in both human and wolf form. Their weaknesses are silver and wolfsbane. They can be born or bitten, though it's very rare for someone who was bitten to be able to survive the bite until the first full moon when they shift and the lycanthropy virus finally becomes them. I could go on and on... xD I had to come up with my own specific version after so many were just not quite perfect in my opinion. Mine, however, I love quite a lot. I miss my old site.

Caracal and vahaala like this.
  15. Willow

Willow Slut and proud!

I'm kinda split on this one. My furry-side says werewolves and my darkside says vampires. There is just something so... sexy abut [non-sparkly] vampires. Less Bram Stoker and more... like ones from Underworld. And you know fangs. Oh wait...
    But vamps can transform too (well, some)... so they could very will shift into wolf form if needs be. So really, your real enemy is the sun... unless you wear ray-bans. ...WTF?
    Werewolves. Fuck you, I'm a wolf. My only problem is not with werewolves themselves, it's the god awful look that hollywood gives them. This weird hulking thing with total lack of proportion, disfigured snout and just all around ugly. WHY? Granted, sometimes they are antagonistic... but there is no reason to screw up their image as they do so often. I don't actually recall the wolves in Underworld but I think they worked.

I guess it all comes down to which lore they fall into. I mean in some stories werewolves were dependent on the moon, while other do whatever the fuck they want. Same goes for vampires with different abilities and limitations.

Caracal likes this.
  16. Caracal

My humble opinion on the matter...

VWComparison.jpg

:D

DameKathryn likes this.
  17. Reptile

I'm sorry, but there's only one way for a any self-respecting vampire to look
    [​IMG]

18. Caracal

@Reptile

*sputters in disgust* Them's fighting words!! Why, he doesn't even have a cape!

19. Reptile

I'm just saying it's amazing that they were able to make a monster nearly a hundred years ago that puts modern ones to shame. However, that being said, my favorite movie vampire will always be Jared Nomak
    [​IMG]

20. Caracal

I'm just giving you crap :) I have a strong preference for one particular class of vampires, but yes, I have to agree: the makeup is impressive.

Reptile likes this.