1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Werewolves or Vampires?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Caracal, Oct 18, 2014.

?

Werewolves or Vampires?

Poll closed Oct 31, 2014.
  1. Werewolves

47.1%
  2. Vampires

11.8%
  3. Anything that doesn't sparkle

41.2%
  1. Reptile

Reptile Semi-Professional Butthole Spelunker

Yeah, I know

2. Dracoa

Dracoa Well-Known Member

Vamps. I'm solitary by nature, and I already see humanity and all it makes as so very fragile, "immortality" wouldn't change that. Incredible strength/durability, can change into multiple things (wolf, bat, insect swarm, mist/fog), telepathy, hypnotism, speed, and if we are talking pre-Nosferatu vampires, sunlight only brings you down to normal instead of killing. Sure there's the problem of crosses, running water, and garlic, but crosses and running water aren't as much of a problem since most roads over water are higher than the limit, and I wouldn't be foolish enough to let my nature be known for crosses, and if the brandishing of the cross requires real faith (as per WoD), well, that's so rare these days, I'm safe. Yeah, it'd suck to no longer be able to eat Italian, but that's a small price to pay. Besides, vamps don't get fleas. ;)

3. SnowLycan

SnowLycan ☆*:.。.Mahou shoujo.。.:*☆

Psht! If you want a bad ass vampire then Alucard is the only one that sparks my interests.
    [​IMG]

4. Dracoa

Dracoa Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, and if anyone mentions stakes for vampires, a stake through the heart will kill a werewolf just as much as a vampire. Unless we are going by World of Darkness, then the stake just paralyzes the vampire (torpor), and there's a clan that even can remove their heart and keep it safe elsewhere through I think some form of magic, so you go to stab and then the stake is batted away before you are drained.

5. SnowLycan

I agree that a large stake to the heart on a lycan will kill it but only if it totally hinders regeneration. Blood has to be pumped round the body to help regen, so if you damage the source that Wolf isn't getting back up.
    This also applies to serve trauma to the brain. For example stabbing a lycan through the mouth or under the soft tissue under the chin angled towards the brain. Or a buck shot through the mouth or under the chin towards the brain will definitely kill it. So will an attack towards the top of the spinal column or ripping out its throat.

Many methods work to killing a lycan but seeing as they are one big furry powerhouse they are very difficult to kill via this methods especially if you are just a human.

Also remember to burn it before leaving its corpse in case it gets back up.

6. Dracoa

Dracoa Well-Known Member

There's not much a stake to the heart won't kill, or destruction of the brain.

YogSothoth likes this.
  7. Willow

Willow Slut and proud!

I remember the old werewolves where you could only use silver to kill them. There was a scene of somebody strapping dynamite to a werewolf blowing it to pieces. Then it just put itself back together. Yeah, we had a laugh over it, we didn't take it all so serious.
    Y so lycan?

8. SnowLycan

Silver will injure a lycan but it has to be blessed by a servant of God and bathed in holy water.
    To actually kill a lycan.

9. Caracal

Caracal Warm-blooded Cat Furniture

I always wondered how this was supposed to work... So it can't die without silver being involved, but what happens if you blow it up? Question answered! :)

As I recall, Angel/Buffy was pretty consistent about what was required to kill a vampire (removal/destruction of the head, or anything wooden through the heart), but they oscillated a lot on what would happen if you injured a vampire in a non-lethal manner. In...Season 1?...of Angel, he got shot or stabbed with a pipe or something and he was in so much pain he could barely stand, but by the end of Season 5, Spike stabbed him with a sword for kicks and he was just walking around impaled with a sword like it was nothing. :D

In Dracula Untold they make a big deal of the whole transforming-into-a-flock-of-bats thing. This got me wondering: what happens if you rematerialize on the other end and one bat has gone missing? Do you end up without a finger or a spleen? Or--heaven forbid--what happens if you pick up an extra, normal bat?!

DameKathryn likes this.
  10. SnowLycan

Bats are only an illusion cast out of blood so you shoot one down its like loosing a little bit of blood it only takes one bat to survive to transform back into a vampire. The swarm is a distraction more than anything.

11. Caracal

Aw, just take all the fun out of it, why don't you! :D I prefer to picture Dracula showing up on the other end, trying to look all dramatic despite an extra eyebrow.

12. Grimmyr

Grimmyr Skitstövel ー!

Werewolves all the way! Though I will say that vampires, if portrayed like: Count Orlok, Alucard, Wesley Snipes, Dracula (Van Helsing), etcetera etcetera, can be pretty badass too! Werewolves will always be my favorite, though.

There have been many myths and folklore behind werewolves. One of my favorite stories is the story of romance between a wolf and a woman. If a woman were to truly love a wolf, he would be able to turn back into a human. Another story is that Lilith, Adam's first wife, had laid with a male wolf after being kicked out of the Garden of Eden. There are so many different, very amazing stories on where they come from and about them.

I have heard of silver bullets always having to be blessed, but I do not know if I can firmly believe that statement. Back in days of olde, the alchemy table of elements was a bit different. Silver came from the moon, gold came from the Sun, mercury came from mercury, etcetera. Even back in these days Silver was written as a crescent moon instead of Ag. :3 So, it would make sense that if an element that "came" from the moon would harm a creature that was often related to the moon (such as transforming into the wolf under the light of a full moon, or around the first 3 days of the full moon, etcetera). I am assuming that the blessing of bullets came to be when Christianity was at a high and ruled over a lot. That, and I can imagine Christians pointing fingers and saying that werewolves were evil creatures and could only be expelled by the acts/power of God. Another interesting fact from a lot of old folklore is that Wolfsbane (Aconite, Monkshood, Devil's Helmet & Wifesbane) was something that killed/repelled werewolves, or even to help induce their transformations. It was said that a lot of witches would use this in a lot of their potions!

As for powers with werewolves, I generally like to believe their powers weren't something EXTREMELY out of the ordinary. Things like rapid regeneration, enhanced agility and reflexes, jumping higher/further than humans, enhanced strength, enhanced speed, having a feral mindset, etc etc. That, and I can't imagine killing a werewolf being too complicated! They may not exactly be mortal, but they aren't immortal either! :3 While they have rapid regeneration, you have to take into account that their blood clots faster than anything else's. You shoot them with a bullet? Their wounds will clot fast enough where they won't bleed out. Plus, the muscle and tissue around the bullet will likely heal fast enough as well. I think the best way to kill a werewolf would be to cut off the limbs (if you could actually get close enough), severe the connection between the spinal cord and brain, crushing them with a massive blunt object, etcetera.

Werewolves for life, yo!
    [​IMG]

Thursar likes this.
  13. Thursar

Thursar Member

Nothing beats Blade. He's the best.

Robert Thompson, Grimmyr and vahaala like this.
  14. Vitani

Vitani Tertiary antagonist

Werewolves, hands down.

They just represent power to me. Pure strength.
    Which is sexy.

Vampires...never could get into. They don't look cool to me, they don't do anything cool really...and no, I don't find any of that weird psychic/magical ability shit to be cool. However, it IS cool to see someone get ripped to shreds by a half man, half beast monster.

vahaala, Grimmyr and SnowLycan like this.
  15. Willow

Willow Slut and proud!

Yeah, I heard a little ol' lady got mutilated late last night.
    *sips a piña colada*

16. LucarioZer0

LucarioZer0 Guardian of Aura

I generally lean more toward werewolves...just cause effing werewolves.

However that being said...the show 'The Strain' made me reconsider my feelings toward vampires...in that they now seem awesome again.

So...preferably Werewolves...but if done right either can be really badass.

17. Caracal

I guess what appeals to me about vampires is the ability to be either animalistic or refined as desired: snarling and savage and capable of taking people apart with your bare hands in one moment, but perfectly poised in a black evening dress the next. You get to have your cake and eat it too! Then again, there's something fun about savagery that can't be checked at all, which is how I picture werewolves.

In the interests of full disclosure...I did...kinda...like the first Twilight movie. The second one broke me, and I didn't even watch the later ones, but I guess there's a stereotypical teenage girl living inside me somewhere after all. *Hangs head in shame.*

18. aazhie

aazhie Member

I love both for completely different reasons! I prefer weres and not just wolf ones MOST times, but I still have vamp characters too! I voted not sparkly. NOPE to Twilight, otherwise I am pretty into anything ;)

((I am secretly a big zombie fan, Walking Dead anyone?))

19. SnowLycan

It gets my hackles up when people mention twilight. They are neither vampires or Werewolves!!!! So take your sparkly fairy necrophilia crap and bestiality pedo bullshit away from me.

Were's or Shifters that kinda of think is naturally hot because it is pure primal lust and me likey that very much.

As for the walking dead I love the series, but I had to stop watching it as it kept on giving me nightmares as it was all to realistic.

20. Caracal

Can't argue with that. I mostly found Bella unlikeable, and the portrayal of "true love" to be disturbing, selfish, and self-destructive. And neither the werewolves or vampires fit my ideals, but, well, I couldn't help but find the first one a little romantic. To yank a gif from the "Reaction GIFs" thread:
    [​IMG]

Yes, I know, I have destroyed my own credibility.

Could never get into zombies. Too gross. Would like to watch Warm Bodies, though.