1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

What Is On Your Mind?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kitsy_The_Fox, Aug 5, 2014.

1. RedVixenFur

RedVixenFur Spaintard

I thought I'd be able to forget about this... XDDDDDDDDDD I know it is wrong but I love it. "I put my port plug in your socket"

Exeter likes this.
  2. scalie

scalie back pokin' snake

oh hey, it's back, oh yeah... oh yeah... OH YEAH!

RedVixenFur likes this.
  3. Jazzi the Pegasus

Jazzi the Pegasus Something Original

When you're TEXTED by the assistance manager to work a night shift and you don't look at your phone til 5 hours after receiving the text....

Maybe people need to learn to call me.

4. scalie

scalie back pokin' snake

if they don't end this season of the strain with the kid being vampire chow I'mma be pissed. every scene with him in it is complete garbage. guess they need some kind of plot device though

also watching 4 very funny drunk youtubers play PT as a group is hilarious

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  5. vahaala

vahaala Nobody wants him, he just stares at the world...

The fact I have to go to work tomorrow is making me flinch emotionally. :c I don't wanna go! Especially after such nice week.

6. doit666

doit666 Forever confused

Woke up too early again. -_-

7. Velixer

Velixer The Musical Draconic Muse

If that's the case then both my manager and assistant manager are extremely unprofessional seeing as they never call anyone to cover shifts when necessary. Plus if you're sick, good fucking luck, because they won't bother trying to find someone and place the responsibility on you, which I think is bullshit because if I can't move from my fucking bed and sound like I'm dying due to being as sick as I am I barely have enough energy to call and say that I can't make it, let alone try and find someone who's free to cover my shift. And to make matters work, barely any of my coworkers have any shred of responsibility and wouldn't even cover the shift even if they could!
    I swear the concept of having to work with CHILDREN, because yes, even though their age says they're adults, they all act like fucking CHILDREN!!

Rant over.

8. SnowLycan

SnowLycan ☆*:.。.Mahou shoujo.。.:*☆

All my younger colleagues at work are the same. They just call in sick and go out partying. Leaving most of us in the shit with no one to cover. Usually I am the one called to cover though. :(

But as you said when you are generally sick it seems that there is no one to cover your shift and everyone seems to have it in for you if you do call in sick.

9. Velixer

Well here's the thing for me.
    I've been in this job for almost 4 1/2 years and been at 4 different locations including this current spot. In all my other spots my manager would be like "Alright, hope you feel better, I'll call around and see if I can find someone to cover your shift."
    At this current location, its "Oh you're sick? That sucks, better call around and find someone to cover you otherwise you'll be a no-call-no-show"

This to me is complete bullshit. What if I was dying? You'd still fire me if I was dying!?!?!
    What the serious fuck?!

10. SnowLycan

I've been in my job for 10 years now and any time I have rung in sick it's always been an issue.

11. Velixer

Yeah I can imagine.
    I swear kids these days want all the money, but they don't want to work for it.

SnowLycan likes this.
  12. MurphyAlter

MurphyAlter The Floofiest

You should do it when you want to quit, then fight them about it, then quit on the spot when they don't back down.

13. Jazzi the Pegasus

Yeah as a courtesy I texted her back. And told her I was unable to swap shifts, seeing as she didn't give me info on exactly what station is be put at. And cuz I didn't really feel like a night shift even though I currently feel sick and could use a sleep in day. So there's that. She's about the only one who doesn't call. My boss sometimes will mail me but that's a different story as he's cool.

14. Velixer

Speaking of call outs, so far the only people who have consistently called out are the morning crew people. All the night crew, including myself, have always been relatively consistent with coming in and rarely call out.
    Overall our situation is relatively fucked.

15. SnowLycan

Yep I know that feeling. Evening staff have to covered for the morning staff when they are off. But they won't do it vice versa.

16. Xephose

Xephose My neck cracks really loud

Last night was absolutely terrible. Felt like someone stuck a balloon in my stomach and filled it to max capacity. couldn't get a wink of sleep.

17. Jazzi the Pegasus

It's pretty even for morning and evening shifts where I work for no call no shows.

18. SnowLycan

Wish I worked at your place. They seem fair.

19. Eloe Elwe

Eloe Elwe White Muzzle Coyote

Wait, do you mean to say that you have no option to contact the head office! Is there no one above the manager, you can complain to?
    I agree though, finding a replacement when you are sick, should not be your responsibility. Only when you are seeking time off for personal reasons, should you need to find a substitute.

20. scalie

scalie back pokin' snake

I'm glad I don't work part time at that clothing place anymore, since they closed the old store and opened a new one corporate made a bunch of changes and now if sales associates don't meet a quota for customer credit card applications per week corporate cuts their hours to 0 for the next two weeks to try to force them to push as many credit cards as they can

on another note, I would love to get a little Grizzly G0704 mill and do a cnc conversion but holy fuck is that expensive. I'd need to work through all of next summer and save everything I can just to be able to afford it, and that's not including the tooling, clamps, and accessories