1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

What was your dream last sleep cycle?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kaiyodei, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Abylgan

Abylgan Enigma

My dreams have been really odd lately, and often unpleasant.

The first weird one was last weekend. I was in a fortress of some kind, and outside were all these people. As it turned out, they were all cannibals and were eating/torturing people. Then, my friend Evan from back home was out there as one of them. He gave me a guitar, which I was like 85% sure was made of human parts somehow. Then I ended up outside the fort and had to escape the cannibals. I killed about five of them with a knife. It was bloody.

The second was just unsettling. It related to some very unpleasant things that happened in my life about a year ago. That made starting the day a lot harder.

Then just this morning, I was trying to get up but I was in the middle of a dream. It started out with me trying to find some kind of coffee, then I was in this forest region in someone's house, and I got a couple of cats and was going to take them to my apartment. Before I could do that, we got attacked by something and this brick wall defense system somehow deployed itself, and apparently contained like 300 acres. Turned out it was zombies. When my alarm went off, it made me kind of captured in the moment and all I could think about was "if the zombie apocalypse happens soon, I'll be in my dorm. How would I even fight my way out of here? There's like 40,000 students. It would be horrible." And I couldn't get the Walking Dead theme out of my head. At least I was awake, I guess.

Serathaiya likes this.
  2. GuyStripes

GuyStripes An automatonic shark pirate

Dreamt I was in a standoff.

A couple people owed me money from a bet we all made, and I found them at a public park. So I go to collect, and everyone pays up with no problems, we even have a friendly chat. One guy tries to give me his pay check he just picked up, but I deny it and tell him he earned that.

As everyone is handing me their payments, these two guys notice and start comin over towards me as I'm making my way to the bathroom. I go inside, stand at the far sink pretending to wash my hands, and ready my gun, expecting trouble. The two guys walk in, we make eye contact. I do the whole head bob and mutter a "What's up". The two guys walk directly at me, that's when I step away and aim my gun at them, yelling "Back up." They hesitate, but still move forward. I tell them to back away a couple more times, but still they advance.

I fire off a warning shot into the ceiling, commanding them to stop moving or the next one is going through their chest. This seems to get their attention. I tell them to get into one of the stalls and not come out till they hear to bathroom door close. They squeeze into one stall, I hear the door lock and I run out of the bathroom.

Going to think about that one when I get back from my morning run.

Serathaiya and MurphyAlter like this.
  3. Velixer

Velixer The Musical Draconic Muse

Had a reoccurring nightmare that involved this weird phantom of sorts that literally made people become non existent, just wiped out any single trace of their existence.
    This presence chased me and my friends all across this bizarre country side.
    It's honestly such a terrifying thing and it's happened more than once. And words cannot even describe exactly how scary this reoccurring nightmare is to me...

4. MurphyAlter

MurphyAlter The Floofiest

Had a dream the other night where I was in a store and kept thinking about buying a raccoon toy. I dreamed that I was standing there zoning out for an hour (yes, I dreamed up an entire hour of zoning out). When I went back for the toy it was gone.

5. Vitani

Vitani Tertiary antagonist

Had another one of those vivid dreams with an Orca. <3
    Most of the time when I have these dreams, I get very close to them, but I always wake up before I actually get in the water with them. This time though, I actually was swimming with him.
    -sighs-
    So magical...I firmly believe that the Orca lives in my spirit.

Serathaiya and MurphyAlter like this.
  6. Serathaiya

Serathaiya Draenei Tail Puller.

I dreamt some weird shit last night...all different dreams. One of the ex which really upset me; she appeared in front of me but everything was all hazy. She called me by the pet name she used to call me and asked if I was doing all right then came close and hugged me but didn't let go. I caved...smelled her head (always did that, don't know why :S) and we kissed and held hands just looking at each other. I woke up tired and a little depressed but fell back asleep only to dream...

...I was somebody's pet rock. Fuck, really? Where the hell is my soul going? Anyway I just sat there and did nothing and apparently my name was Larry. Fuck me. That would be a boring life if there was such a life....

MurphyAlter likes this.
  7. MurphyAlter

Dreamed that my dad and a bunch of his online friends all had a black-and-white apartment building down the street and I moved into it. I shared a bathroom with the king of the group and some Chinese guy who made candles. I also took a class about dose-response curves in medicine. I also had to explain to a lady who was metalworking that some metals like lead could be poisonous to touch.

Serathaiya likes this.
  8. vahaala

vahaala Nobody wants him, he just stares at the world...

I had a very weird dream today, though I don't remember much. All I do remember is that there was time-travel incident, and my street got suddenly reeeeally wide. I was teleported back in time to gather a clan of warriors, then when I got them I got teleported back, leading the charge on a horse, with loud war screams, all this while dodging vehicles and people from different ages xD All from medieval to present days.

Serathaiya likes this.
  9. Musky_Husky

Musky_Husky dancer of the shadows

I had a drean where i had a visit to heaven. I was walking along a pier, carnival festivities lined the time hardened planks. The exotic attractions and rides were slowly subsiding and turning their lights over to the night. As each bulb surrendered its light, a new one would burn within the cloudless sky. As they shimmered in the sky, they could finally dance among the sea. Leaning against the railing i would watch them dance so lively as they would remain calm up above. A transparent shaft of energy lifted me towards the sky and a warm voice met me on this short journey. Telling me this was a glimpse. Soon after. I found myself.... In a room with a man as i, oddly enough, had the visage of a woman. We began to tinker with things, old clocks or watches. Gears and screws littered an old workshop desk as we both would tinker through the hours. I was happy. The pieces reminded me that there are flaws and scars to everything and thats the very thing that we should celebrate on any plane.... It left me happy though my day and i think for a while to come, I'll remeber it

Abylgan, Serathaiya and MurphyAlter like this.
  10. MurphyAlter

That... that was beautiful.

11. MurphyAlter

Three memorable dreams last night... well, this morning and afternoon technically.

In the first one, I was walking around and there was this huge alligator. I tried to avoid it, and managed to get in the car, but somehow a smaller alligator ended up in the back seat and I had to drive around with it in the back seat. It bit my hand.

In the next one, I was working at a small aquatic mammal care center, and Nigel Thornberry was moping around by the pool. We all decided it was time he got back out there and started making documentaries again. But before we could bring the idea to him, he announced he was officially retiring.

Then on the last dream, I was in control of a small coastal colony and we got attacked. I had to wait for reinforcements, and then I eventually got control back.

Serathaiya likes this.
  12. Willow

Willow Slut and proud!

I had kind of complicated dream that was just a bunch of different stories tied together.
    Not sure where it started but I was walking up to a golf tournament. At some point I was IN the tournament. Anyway, I guess it was over and we we're all going to the clubhouse. For some reason I felt I didn't belong there, so I walked around with the golf club. For some odd reason it was on a military base. But there no roads, just a giant quad that I was walking through.
    Not sure what happened but I kept walking and driving along the same road back and forth trying to get somewhere. In the dream I know the road it is, it's an actual road that exists, but it doesn't like that in the dream. At one point I was driving to my old apartment, which just became a big office and I was working for Bad Dragon's support staff (that works from home office?) The name Bad Dragon came up, but I know that's what it was.
    And driving along the same road again before I found myself walking on the road. Can't recall too much, but I remember forgetting where I was driving to. Yeah, remembered something I had forgotten in the dream. Giving Sigmund Freud a headache.

I know I must've been thinking about my toy being made.

13. MurphyAlter

Kept waking up during the night, so I had lots of interesting dreams.

First batch were all post-game story for Undertale because that game gets so stuck in your head you can't believe it.

After that, I dreamed I was bribing and stealthing my way through an office building full of armed men in suits. I was trying to make it to the records room before this young bratty guy. I managed to do it, and was able to dig up all the complaints attributed to him by the company, including "Complaint #12" which was a sexual harassment claim filed against him. That one stuck out because most complaints for him were in the 300's range. (Not that he had 300 complaints against him, they're numbered chronologically regardless of the subject). He made it to the room while we were halfway through, and just sort of sulked. I commented to some of the others that this was the easiest boss fight ever, because he just gave up.

Eventually I ended up in a girls dorm/bunker thing. I went in to tell the girls about finding the evidence against the guy. There was one girl with six breasts who was having trouble keeping the bottommost pair covered, and a girl with a "main-character" feel to her who had eight, and she had an open front shirt, so they were all pretty much on display. All the other girls had two breasts each. I announced the evidence, and everyone got really excited. I threw my shirt off in celebration, and to my delight quite a few of the girls did too.

Then I woke up. I got about 3 1/2 hours of sleep all together....

Serathaiya likes this.
  14. MurphyAlter

Dreamed that I was Murphy, and was in a relationship with some lady fur. Then it skipped ahead and we'd been broken up a while and she was with someone else. I was seeing her writing something and hearing her thoughts. She was writing down what she had thought of me when we were together. I remember hearing a lot of interesting insights into my own personality. Whenever she said something I thought was unfair, I'd blurt out, and even though I wasn't there, she'd laugh as if she had heard me and say something like "He'd be upset if I said that to him."

And I don't remember a single thing she wrote or thought about me. I feel like I've lost a valuable perspective on my own life... OTL

15. vahaala

vahaala Nobody wants him, he just stares at the world...

I have a weird recurring dream about time travel. Somehow it happens to me each 2-3 days, and is basically the same every time.

All I can remember though, is that I'm with some kind of a woman inside a lab, and there was a time travel incident that brought aliens to Earth. We need to stop it, but the entire lab is falling apart. The weird thing about it is that at the end there's always Hulk throwing a bomb inside a portal/wormhole ending my dream :D

16. MurphyAlter

Maybe this is telling you not to stop the aliens. It's the only way out of the time loop your dreams are caught in.

17. MurphyAlter

Dreamed I got invited to hang out and drink with some members of the Mindcrack group (a bunch of youtube let's players) but had trouble remembering other responsibilities in my life.

18. Velixer

Velixer The Musical Draconic Muse

I had a dream that I was celebrating Christmas with my mom, and it was the happiest moment I have experienced since passing my oral comps. It's completely the opposite that I've felt in the past 24 hours and it was nice.

19. Willow

Willow Slut and proud!

I had a few cat naps sleeping next to my cat.
    First one was unpleasant. It was Halloween and I was driving around in big SUV. So there were a gang of kids walking down the street and I slow the car down. For some odd reason they intentionally ran in front of the car and I ran over them. I freaked out slammed on the gas and got the hell out of there but noticed one of the kids (that I didn't hit) following me, who I eventually lost. Then I was kinda hiding out in a furniture store for a while riding a motorized chair... kinda forgot about the kids.
    When I came back out I listened to the radio on my car; it reported some kids got run-over and was stay tuned if any developments happen.
    The dream kinda petered out with my thinking about if they'll find me and how many years I'd spend in prison... ugh, no more chicken parmigiana before I sleep.

20. MurphyAlter

Eugh, been having lots of dreams about work lately. Stupid brain...