1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Will the sticky feeling ever go away?

Discussion in 'Help, Questions and How-To's' started by viyusa, Apr 3, 2018.

1. viyusa

viyusa Shy girl

Hi! I just got my first ever BD today in the mail today. Small Kelvin in Medium firmness and I’m noticing after cleaning it still feels a bit “sticky”, will that ever go away with enough use or will he remain a dust and hair magnet for as long as I live ? Now I’m worried about storing him.. can’t put him in any random draw string pouch I don’t think

2. carmex

carmex Active Member

By sticky do you mean it feels like... grippy? In my experience that's just the nature of the silicone, until it's lubricated, and then it gets super slick. And yes... they will be dust, hair, and everything magnets forever. I think storing them in a drawstring bag would work great though!

3. Bun

Bun Glow Goddess

yeah its grippy because of silicone texture, but I've never felt mine being sticky before o-o thats a little concerning.. I mean they are dust/hair magnets hands down though

4. viyusa

viyusa Shy girl

I guess grippy would be the right word as well.. just felt a little.. sticky to the touch, after I washed it a couple times and dried it, still feels “sticky” but that could be the grippy feeling you guys are describing.

5. Bun

Bun Glow Goddess

its just usually when i think about sticky and sex toys its when i was a dumbass and didnt know not to let my silicone toy touch my pvc toy (that i never should have even gotten) and it like partially melted and when i went to wash it off to see if it was salvageable it was like.. sticky and junk.. so thats why i say it sounded concerning.. :s so hopefully its not actually melty/sticky and just a new texture for you.

viyusa likes this.
  6. Villie

Villie wrow

I know softer silicone will feel Tacky. Medium firmness though? Not so much.

What sort of lubes did you use on it? Do you store it with any other toys?

Regardless of firmness or tackiness level though, they're all lovers of lint hags.

VenusFlower, viyusa and Bun like this.
  7. IggyZen

IggyZen N/A

Sounds like typical silicone feel. Mine are always kinda tacky or grippy feeling. Lint and hair will be attracted to them forever. Keeping them in cloth pouches don't sound like a half bad idea. I have two or three of them for mine. Though, I'll inevitably need to make a few more as I don't have enough bags to go around. Either way, gorgeous toy and congratulations on getting him.

Bun likes this.
  8. Sleepy

Sleepy Boop~

Along with what lubes you use, is this your first toy? can you compare it to any other BD toys?

The silicone does feel kinda "sticky", i've noticed some more than others even of the same firmness.

Bun likes this.
  9. Sleepy

Sleepy Boop~

It looks pretty brown, and if the box was wet it's likely they washed the toy, and literally threw it into the box to bake in a hot truck for however many days.
    Cardboard does get gross and stainy when wet, but that would still mean it was 100% on the seller for such a fuck up.

10. viyusa

viyusa Shy girl

Hi everyone!

As soon as I opened the box and got it out the bag it feels tacky. That’s the correct word! Haven’t used him yet and he’s currently stored in my panty drawer well away from the rest of the guys. I don’t have any other BD toys to compare it too, just a Picobong toy. I guess I’m just use to the silicone feeling smooth instead of tacky :)

Bun likes this.
  11. viyusa

viyusa Shy girl

And this was new from BD themselves, I think I’m just not use to this “tacky” or “grippy” feel :)

Edit: I also have naturally really sweaty hands :( so maybe it’s just me LOL

Bun likes this.
  12. SnowPony

SnowPony Active Member

Odd. The only toys I have that have a sticky, tacky feel to them are my toys in extra soft, though one or two of my soft ones have this same texture.

Bun likes this.
  13. Villie

Villie wrow

Same here with mine

Bun likes this.
  14. Fae.Fantase

Fae.Fantase Member

I've noticed this on my BD toys some in medium firm. Others didn't have it in soft. Mayhaps model/mould is a determining factor.

15. Chelseapolitan

Chelseapolitan Don't dream it, be it!

If you feel the toy and then rub your fingers together, are your fingers sticky? If not, it's just the feel of the silicone. It depends on the model and firmness. Some silicone isn't like that (like lelo or fun factory vibes) but I've found very smooth toys to be tackier than toys with printer texture (like Trent vs Crackers)

carmex and Fae.Fantase like this.
  16. viyusa

viyusa Shy girl

My fingers are not sticky afterwards so I’m guessing it’s just the toy