1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Allons-y!

Discussion in 'Fandom Stuff' started by Willow, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Kaiyodei

Kaiyodei vaguely coherent

I get the kick out of them making the comment. Capaldi does look like a very fierce man.

I think so you know it is slapstick, without "kabooong" it would be more malicious. sound effects make it "ok/right/not off looing"

2. Black-Cat

Black-Cat Old BD Lurker

This may be fan-made, but it'd be so cool to see this guy portray The Master in Series 9. <3

3. Willow

Willow Slut and proud!

I will admit didn't care of John Simm's in the End of Time (although I did like Utopia and The Sound of Drums somewhat). There was just something... less sinister and more crazy. I see the master as being a super genius not just going ape shit on some construction workers.
    I thought I liked the last episode... but I can't remember any of it. They just aren't sticking out in my mind.

4. Black-Cat

Black-Cat Old BD Lurker

John Simm was a good Master. He represented the exact opposite of how Ten was, but with some of his similar quirks here and there.

5. Camnian

Camnian New Member

Okay, caught up on the last two. Listen, well that is much more what I want in this Doctor. I like the concept, hoped it was a monster but the fact it wasn't made concrete or not well that's actually better than just introducing a new Weeping Angel type thing.

The Bank Job, didn't see that twist, I liked this one too. Not as good as Listen but certainly better than the others we've had so far. I like this Doctors attitude of "I am the arsehole who gets things done because that's what we need" and "I must KNOW!"

6. Willow

Willow Slut and proud!

I feel asleep watching Listen. I didn't like much of what I did see. I could not understand one god damn thing Clara and the guy in the beginning. What the hell were they saying?
    I mean, I can usually understand English accents but that just left me scratching my head. I'm sure it would relate to what happened later in the episode.

I was too tired this Saturday to stay awake so I didn't catch the show. I know I can next Saturday, they replay the previous weeks ep.

So far I'm not getting into the doctor. There is a distinct lack of fun with him.

7. Camnian

Camnian New Member

I'll admit, I really don't like Clara and especially this love thing she's trying to do. Watching her and Rupert flirt is like watching every cring moment Ricky Gervais ever wrote. It's really awkward and neither come off as nice people after it, at least with Amy and Rory you got an idea of why they love each other. I'm seeing zero chemistry with Clara and Rupert.

As for the Doctor, I'm liking this one not being as outwardly fun, he thinks more and I enjoyed watching his little rant on logic about natures perfect predators and prey.

8. Dracoa

Dracoa Well-Known Member

I'm just wondering when Capaldi is going to have his "Doctor Moment". You know, where it's clear that THIS really is the Doctor in his own right and not just a chimera of previous Doctor's. Like with Matt's speech to the Atraxi. Or is Capaldi not really The Doctor and that's why it hasn't come about yet? Or will it come after/during the Christmas episode when Clara, the last reminder of who he was before, leaves?

9. Dracoa

Dracoa Well-Known Member

Okay, chills after "Dark Water". They are back.

10. Camnian

Camnian New Member

A good one though once again Clara let it down. She's not a nice person and her whole "I love him SOOOO MUCH!" doesn't make sense because they've barely shown the two in any real romantic way.

11. Dracoa

Dracoa Well-Known Member

Well, she does have a life outside of the TARDIS that we aren't shown. Heck, The Doctor has a life INSIDE the TARDIS we aren't shown. These things happen. And yeah, I'm kinda not liking Clara in Dark Water. If she's going to be like this, the Christmas episode can't get here soon enough to get her out of the TARDIS for good.

12. Willow

Willow Slut and proud!

Yeah, the past few have been okay. Maybe it was just taking a while for me to warm up to the doctor. I'm still not completely happy with him... feels like something is missing.
    I absolutely HATED the Caretaker episode. Clara's boyfriend was such an asshole and well, I'm not interested in her love life anyhow.

13. Camnian

Camnian New Member

I can get that they have lives off camera. But if the show wants us to care and understand how big a deal the relationship is they need to show us reasons and examples of that relationship in action and formation. Show don't tell. "She's so in love with him she'll destroy the TARDIS out of grief" Really? Cause last I checked she was lying to him about what she was doing and they've only kissed once or twice. Roary stood guard for two millenia, they showed us that.

14. Dracoa

Dracoa Well-Known Member

Rory stood guard over basically an impenetrable box for 2000 years. The only thing he risked was himself. And even all of that was undone when the universe was reset.

15. Camnian

Camnian New Member

More than what we've seen Clara do for Danny or vice versa.

16. Dracoa

Dracoa Well-Known Member

So Rory basically doing absolutely nothing in the end is more than Clara did for Danny or vice versa? How about Clara going to "the afterlife" to recover Danny?

I mean, yeah, I'm kinda hoping Osgood (who will be in the next episode) replaces Oswin, but still, to say that Clara has done less than nothing is ridiculous.

17. Camnian

Camnian New Member

How about on screen chemistry then? Amy and Roary had time on screen where they interacted and there was a clear love between them. Clara and Mr Pink really haven't had that much, not to the point where it'd make her huge reaction to his death all that believable. I'll agree that when Clara said to him that she loved him and he'd be the only one she'd ever say that to, that was good, that was a sign of romance but it was a big step up from what they'd shown up to that point. It's like they had to cram in the severity/significance of their relationship to justify her going off the deep end in grief.

18. Dracoa

Dracoa Well-Known Member

Amy and Rory's relationship built up before Amy (not Amelia) was introduced, then continued while both were on the TARDIS, then married life took them off the TARDIS on a regular basis, we saw none of them getting together, and very little of their married life. Yet somehow that is better than Clara and Danny.

19. Hybrid88

Hybrid88 Underwear Bulge Lover

I've only started watching the new Doctor Who. A bit more than half way through Series 5

20. Willow

Willow Slut and proud!

Wow, this thread was a while back. I haven't been watching the latest season of Doctor Who. This new doctor just doesn't quite sit right with me. Sometimes he's a total dick and sometimes he just nuts. And not the whimsical kind of nuts... just off his rocker. And I can't even understand WHY he acts the way he does. It doesn't make any kind of sense (and the previous shows would invariably, eventually make sense).
    That and his scottish accent. I understand half of what he's saying. Some characters I have no idea what their problems are. I'll have to wait for it to come on Netflix so I can click on the subtitles.