1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

CLOSED

Discussion in 'Help, Questions and How-To's' started by DirtyNerdyGirly, Jan 2, 2018.

1. DirtyNerdyGirly

DirtyNerdyGirly Hannah

So, a little while ago, I bought some water-based, flavored lubricant from EdibleIntimates on Etsy, and although the flavor is fantastic, the lube itself is incredibly runny. I suppose that's because it's water-based. :U
    But anyway, I was wondering if anyone might know of a way to possibly thicken it? I've heard cornstarch could work, but I've also heard it has a strong taste... This lube is organic, by the way, so I'd rather stay away from chemicals if possible.
    I just want it to be a bit thicker so it doesn't drip all over the place. :O
    Any kind of advice would be appreciated! : )

UPDATE: I have made my decision and have ordered J-lube from Amazon. It'll take about a week to arrive. Thank you to everyone who commented.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  2. bdforsale

bdforsale Needs more lube!

Check out J-lube. It's a hugely popular veterinary-grade powdered lube that can be mixed to your preferred thickness. A $15-$20 bottle will easily make 5-10 gallons or more. It's also flavor/preservative-free, safe for all toys, etc.

3. DirtyNerdyGirly

DirtyNerdyGirly Hannah

Alright, I'll take a look at that. Thank you! : )

4. Villie

Villie wrow

J lube isnt vaginal safe, if that'd what you're looking for

It has sugars in it which can lead to a yeast infection

5. bdforsale

bdforsale Needs more lube!

J-lube contains sucrose as a secondary ingredient (dispersing agent), but actual reports of infections seem non-existent. It's used primarily for veterinary ob/gyn exams and birthing (the bottle literally says "for obstetrical use"). There's virtually no taste to it, so I'd assume the concentration is low. Anecdotally, I've used it regularly with several girlfriends over the past decade without an issue.

Regardless, the lube OP is trying to thicken already contains sugar (glycerin). That is mainly used for flavorings and does have a noticeable sweetness. It's also an ingredient for most other lubes, including KY jelly. Google results show just as much fear-mongering of it causing yeast infections.

As long as you clean up afterwards, risks should be minimal either way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    DirtyNerdyGirly and Villie like this.
  6. DirtyNerdyGirly

DirtyNerdyGirly Hannah

The lubes I have do contain some glycerin for taste/sweetness and for warming up with friction. But I do clean up well afterwards with warm water and mild soap, and so far I haven't had any problems.

7. DirtyNerdyGirly

DirtyNerdyGirly Hannah

Thank you @Villie for your concern though. And thank you @bdforsale for the clarification.

8. Grimmfang

Grimmfang New Member

Try adding methyl cellulose.

DirtyNerdyGirly likes this.
  9. DirtyNerdyGirly

DirtyNerdyGirly Hannah

Thank you for the suggestion. : )