1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

[EU] Customs clearance & import declaration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the0x, Mar 17, 2018.

1. the0x

the0x Member

Hello everyone. This is a question mainly for EU "bulk" BD buyers.

I've recently ordered 10 toys from BD (to save a lot on shipping), but then I realized that it will be quite hefty package (~20kg). This in turn increases the chances of customs inspector actually opening the package and checking its contents, especially if it won't fit under x-ray.
    While opening the package shouldn't pose much of a problem (beside possible psychological trauma for the inspector and ups guy), I'm worried about it mainly due to declaring contents as "decorative silicone sculptures" vs "sex toys/adult products" and possible fine for misinformation/VAT fraud.

I've been researching into import import VAT/duties for some time now, but I was unable to find tax category under which sex toys/adult merchandise could be classified as (at least on our official govt site here). All of this shouldn't pose a problem if sex toys have the same or less VAT/duties as products under "Art/sculpture/other materials" since it's all about the money in the end.

So, big EU spenders, how did you import your toys?

2. jhaas

jhaas Member

When I bought 3 Toys from a seller in the US, he declared it as silicone sculpture as it is the right category. There really isn't a special category for this.