1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Extra profile info!

Discussion in 'Resolved Suggestions' started by Grimmyr, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Grimmyr

Grimmyr Skitstövel ー!

Would it be possible to add any extra profile information? Like the way BD had it! Twitter info, FurAffinity info, Tumblr/Blog info, Species info, etc etc.

It would be neat if the avatars could be a smidge bigger as well? I mean small ones are great and all, but some of the ones around the forums I've noticed are super tiny and I can't make out the details. :<

2. Snærhjarta

Snærhjarta Well-Known Member

Bigger avatars would be nice, if they don't resize them to the max like they do now.

3. DameKathryn

DameKathryn Well-Known Member

I don't really want bigger avatars. You can already click them and expand the picture and they're nice and out of the way while conveying the point ATM

4. DameKathryn

DameKathryn Well-Known Member

I think it needs Tumblr, Twitter, FA, Species, and Skype

5. Grimmyr

Grimmyr Skitstövel ー!

Hm.. You know, that's actually true! I keep forgetting that you can actually expand the picture by clicking on it. Good point! I think a 150x150 would be ideal, though. Because even then your icon has lost quite a bit of quality. :<

But yes, also a Skype info would be awesome! Not sure if I would like to see the age/gender/etc like it does on BD currently or not. I love the minimalistic profile info as it is now when posting, but it is nice to see that little extra bit of info.

6. Willow

Willow Slut and proud!

Yeah, I wanted to make a post about the "gender" selection. Yes, male, female and unspecified. Now those that don't fit into the binary system COULD choose unspecified, but I know some would like others to know where they stand or at least feel make there identity is not unrepresented. Minor tweak I would think.
    I'm not saying create one for every single gender identity. You could have a box for "Other" and an optional box next to it for them to list what their identity is.

Ajax likes this.
  7. Grimmyr

Grimmyr Skitstövel ー!

Or, one could even do like BD has it--where you can enter in your own gender! Sorta just like how I have a catface typed in because I'm a clueless fuck. That would make it super helpful! Then, don't have to worry about making a drop down menu for everything imaginable, but can still cater to their needs!

8. Snærhjarta

Snærhjarta Well-Known Member

Add a gender/pronouns thing that people can fill in themselves. And make it show next to their posts if that's possible

9. blackpaw

blackpaw Silky smooth paws for sale

I really like expanding the profile section. That was one of the things I liked about BD's forum. Lots of profile custom stuff.

10. vahaala

vahaala Nobody wants him, he just stares at the world...

Neat idea. Just make only the most important info show on the left side of posts - gender, location, maybe age, those kind of things. Rest could be looked up on full profile view.

11. Grimmyr

Grimmyr Skitstövel ー!

I agree! I always like being able to see it right there when someone posts, versus having to click to see stuff. It makes it easier for me so I can reference stuff or use the right pronouns!

12. BDCA

BDCA The Tallest Staff Member

Blog Link, furaffinity, tumblr, gender identity and species added.

13. Grimmyr

Grimmyr Skitstövel ー!

Woohoo! Thank ya very much, man! :3c