1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Favorite video game music?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vitani, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Vitani

Vitani Tertiary antagonist

I'm not a huge gamer, and the only kinds of games I really play are adventure puzzle games like Spyro and Donkey King 64.
    But I watch my boyfriend play games a lot, and currently he's playing Resident Evil 4.

I think this music is SO pretty. It reminds me of whales (my favorite animals of all time) and I really have to say it's the best music I've heard yet in a game. I just wish it lasted longer during the game. :p

2. Wolfcat

Wolfcat Well-Known Member

I looooove video game OSTs! They span a vast range of genres and "generations." Techno, celtic, new-age, rock, rap, etc. "80's synth-like," was a new personal favorite I never thought I'd be in to. Never mind all the talented artists that take compositions and remix it for themselves (some better than others >_>.)

We do have a (slow) thread already going (video game ost is understandably niche.)
    http://dragon-hoard.com/threads/favorite-video-game-music.1159/

Since the umbrella of "Video game music," is so vast, it may be hard to find things you really like (I tend to pull from games I've played.) I'm guessing you might enjoy some of Jeremy Soule's work on Skyrim. Lots of peaceful, meandering, tunes.

Vitani likes this.
  3. Reptile

Reptile Semi-Professional Butthole Spelunker

I get massive pangs of nostalgia when I hear music from A Link to the Past. Love that shit so much,

4. Vitani

Vitani Tertiary antagonist

You know...I go on a couple forum sites, and I /knew/ there was a topic for this on one of them, but forgot which. Silly me!