1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

forum chat?

Discussion in 'Resolved Suggestions' started by uk2008, Aug 7, 2014.

1. uk2008

uk2008 Guest

how easy would it be to make a generalised chat? that we can participate in... instead of a thread. like just for chats lol i suppose if others would like this?

2. DameKathryn

DameKathryn Well-Known Member

There is the conversation function (it's like BD's PM). You can add multiple participants but I don't know if they all show up as a chat.
    If they don't, I'm not sure if this would actually work. That's more for a chatroom not a forum.

3. Ajax

Ajax Guest

I would love to see a chatbox (http://www.cbox.ws/) up in hurr. Would be more than willing to donate the $6 upgrade for the first three months as well if it would get a spot somewhere on the forum in a sidebar or something.
    They're great for live chatting without the necessity of a client.

4. Blinding

Blinding Well-Known Member

There is a shoutbox add-on available for XenForo, but I'm not sure it'd really be needed as it seems like the Whats on Your Mind thread is pretty much like a chatroom anyways.

DameKathryn likes this.
  5. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

that sounds fun, but also means that the conversations won't be archived for future readings or revisits.
    I sometimes like going back to read what was said

6. uk2008

uk2008 Guest

i dont want it as a pull away from the great discussions just somewhere for live chat where you can just say w/e not related to anything.
    Also it would be a great way for people to get to know other members and make friends

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014
  7. Musky_Husky

Musky_Husky dancer of the shadows

i dont mind the conversation/pm thing, in fact, i think i might like it a bit more than the bad dragon pm system only... it doesnt seem to function properly for mobile devices yet. as of this moment, im unable to type in the comment box from my phone for personal conversations. also, there seems to be a fair bit of input lag on my phone. i know that these forums are new, and i hope things get sorted soon. good luck to all the new staff members on the mater ^3^

8. Snærhjarta

Snærhjarta Well-Known Member

I would like to have a chat as well.

9. BDCA

BDCA The Tallest Staff Member

I think for now we'll pass on a chatbox type option until things settle a bit more.

10. Vitani

Vitani Tertiary antagonist

Ehhh, personally I'm not huge on shoutbox features.

They generally end up unintentionally forming cliques that are annoying to see/hear all the time. Even if it's collapsable, a clique is still a clique, even if you aren't reading the posts.

I also don't/can't really use it so much because I am always drawing when I am on the computer, and kind of leave responses randomly while I draw. (don't ask - it helps me concentrate somehow.) So that already leaves me at a huge disadvantage, and feeling extremely left out.