1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

How did BD’s Black Friday go for you?

Discussion in 'General Toy Discussions and pictures' started by Dragon Pearl, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Dragon Pearl

Dragon Pearl Member

Edit: Apparently I was mistaken on the time? The sale starts now I guess. Whoops!

I wasn’t actually planning on buying, which is good because I only got the first page to load until the last 5 minutes. I saw some gorgeous picks though, including one I kinda wanted tbh, and was wondering if anyone had a particularly good or bad experience they wanted to share. Did you get the toy(s) you wanted? Any surprises, happy accidents, disappointments, excitements!?

2. KaijuKult

KaijuKult Member

I got what I was after, I probably would've liked a more vibrant colour but I guess Beggars can't be choosers lol. The sale started while I was at work so I took a break and went to check the website on my phone but it was crashed. I'm happy to have caught the 40% off period when I got home though. Now a weeks or so wait till I get my Fenrir in galaxy black!

Attached Files:

3. Xenebron

Xenebron Dragonkin~

I got:
    a large, soft Fenrir in Rogue (which looks like a bad pour of Fenrir's Signature, original pic below)
    [​IMG]
    a large, flopped medium Austin in Signature (cosmetic imperfection on the base, no pic)
    Quite happy with them, saved about $130

This will keep me entertained until my custom order arrives next year...
    [​IMG]

4. solarianflair

solarianflair Member

I was hoping for a Nova and never managed to get the site load to find one, but we did really luck out and find an absolutely gorgeous Terra with SC and CT in the size and firmness we've been after, so I'm honestly really pleased. It looks like a rawberry with just a bit less white than the previews.

Does anybody know whether clearance orders that have CTs also come with the 8oz bottle of lube?

Attached Files:

5. Xenebron

Xenebron Dragonkin~

That Terra looks cool!
    Go to your order page, right click on the image of your toy, get the image URL and remove _thumb from it to get the hires pic.
    Post it here so we can marvel at it :D

6. Dragon Pearl

Dragon Pearl Member

Oh, lovely! I especially like the Fenrir.

Did anyone snag the absolutely gorgeous Flint flop I saw, sort of a purple to yellow/orange sunset marbled coloration? Or the rainbow marbled Roland rogue (not flopped)?

7. Xenebron

Xenebron Dragonkin~

The load on the site was that bad that I didn't bother looking for other things after I got the dicks I wanted.
    I actually ordered both seperately and paid two times for shipping because I was afraid of not making it in time with the checkout timer.

8. Dragon Pearl

Dragon Pearl Member

Glad you made it and got what you wanted!

... I really hope my custom doesn’t take ages because of all the Black Friday activity but I expect they’re very busy. I was seriously tempted to get something to keep me entertained in the meantime but this is what I really wanted so I’m determined to wait.

9. Zastavan

Zastavan Abandoned Account

FFS, I just spent like $300 on dicks because I have no self control. Not shown is the Inflatable Growler I ordered from PH for $120. I wasn't planning on buying anything from BD until I saw a couple of large toys I had wanted for awhile.

Attached Files:

10. Xenebron

Xenebron Dragonkin~

I'm about 30 days into my custom order, I don't think I will get it this year. 60+ days seems to be the average nowadays.

Oh hey Mr. Zastavan, reviewer of dicks and Master of the Cock Bayonet :D
    That color on your Ridley looks intimidating... hope you enjoy :D

11. Dragon Pearl

Dragon Pearl Member

...uh oh.
    I’m gonna have to come up with an excuse other than “late Christmas present” if I want to avoid questions about the package I get in January.

12. Zastavan

Zastavan Abandoned Account

Wow, I keep getting noticed like I'm famous. Anyway, I will enjoy it very much. I might even replay Alien Isolation because of it.

13. KaijuKult

KaijuKult Member

I ordered my medium/medium natural coloured roland with a suction cup more than a month ago and yh it seems I'll have to wait even longer for him. Anyway should have Fenrir to keep me entertained till then.

14. Dragon Pearl

Dragon Pearl Member

I think... I’m gonna wait until about a week before XMas and if I still have no word on it from BD I might order a clearance toy to tide me over. The thing is while I do really want a toy, I mostly want either this custom or another custom. So I’m reluctant to spend much on a clearance item because I’m unsure about colors.
    We’ll see how this goes, I guess.

15. Xenebron

Xenebron Dragonkin~

Fenrir is great, I had a soft/medium and a medium/large...
    While the soft/medium is really comfy to wear all day, the med/large is just too firm and has too little give, thus I grabbed one in soft this time.

16. Stunnerstallion

Stunnerstallion Active Member

So I feel like that was even funnier than last year. I think the 40% off lasted for 2 hours or more. I got two tiny glimpses of things while the page kept crashing, I wasn't even able consistently look at things until after the first 30 min were up. There were so many server errors, crashes, and gateway errors it was hilarious!

I was lucky enough to grab two off of my wish list that I've been wanting, a sleipnir and a tongue, both flops. There were a few others that I was hoping for, a few I saw and some I didn't but alas... with time limits and server errors galore, I'm happy to have gotten what I did. I did the same thing too with shipping, ended up paying for shipping twice so I didn't miss out with the time limit.

17. Xenebron

Xenebron Dragonkin~

Just to let you know - they just dropped some ~2500 toys a moment ago...

18. ParagonAxis

ParagonAxis Member

I wasnt able to get anything because of the server crashes. All the toys I wanted were gone.

19. solarianflair

solarianflair Member

Oh thanks for the tip (he he)! We've been wanting a hi-res image of it to admire!

There was an Apollo I really wanted as well but it got snatched...

Also thanks for the heads up about them still dropping inventory! Just wish they'd extended the 40% for a decent while longer (maybe even a day?) considering there were major site issues for the entire 2+ hours. Still, I can't be mad - we didn't just find what we wanted, but we found it in really nice coloring.

Attached Files:

20. Xenebron

Xenebron Dragonkin~

That's a fantastic marble, congrats!
    I just checked my order history and both packages are shipped out already, scheduled delivery is Monday next week!
    This is going to be a loooooooooooooooooooooooong weekend :D