1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Is 8 Too Firm For Larger Toys?

Discussion in 'Help, Questions and How-To's' started by Poster Nutbag, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Poster Nutbag

Poster Nutbag Prefers the company of snakes over bees

Thanks for all the advice everybody! I did manage to get my toys in 8 and couldn't be happier. If you'd like to see how they turned out, take a look HERE

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  2. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

Honestly, only YOU can truly tell what firmnesses in what size works for you, because your bod is a special snowflake.
    Now heres the part where I stop being useless lol

I allllways make toy comfort decisions based on the toy's diameter vs its firmness (using the toy sizes isn't consistent)
    I like pretty much allll my toys in 5 firm because it feels the most realistic to me, however the thinner a toy is, the more firm I need to get it and the thicker it is, the least firm I need it to be.

So by comparison I have a small Flint in 5 firm (diameter 2.30) and it feels juuuuust right, so I know for sure if I scaled up to like a large (3.75 diameter) I would certainly need to have it in 3 simply due to the fact that increased diameter means more density

3. DameKathryn

DameKathryn Well-Known Member

I agree with MissKin in that everyone is different. If you like your large Luka in 8 then I don't see why you wouldn't like something in a similar size in the same firmness. If you're going to increase in size drastically (especially width) I would maybe suggest going down a firmness. But still, every body is different.

4. Shardik

Shardik Well-Known Member

I have two Large Flints, one in 3, and one in 8. I use the 3 far more often than the 8. But the 8 and I go to, ahem, parties.

5. Abylgan

Abylgan Enigma

That mostly depends on personal preference, I'd think, but I'll throw in my two cents. I have a med 3 Crackers that I can use pretty easily (vaginally). I also have a large 8 Clayton I bought on impulse. He's... good for grinding, I guess? It's just waaay too much for me to use internally. Really really stiff. I'm thinking of rehoming him.

6. Chelseapolitan

Chelseapolitan Don't dream it, be it!

I'm the type of person that prefers the most firm I can get. Probably because of my love of glass toys. 6u6 So even if I can't take a toy all the way I will still get it in 8 (or 10 if it flopped). I have a large Moko in 8 that is for stretching and I find that it's much more effective than my large in 3. :)

7. Poster Nutbag

Thanks so much for the advice everyone! Most likely will end up going with an 8 for my Sleipnir and Chance.

8. Wolfcat

Wolfcat Well-Known Member

This thread is a little old, but I'll post my personal experience.
    I'm like you: Tending to prefer large and firm toys.

Chance is going to be a little floppy no matter what (I have an XL 5 firmness, which should be similar to an L 8, and he is incapable of standing without support.) He's long, and will be exploring depths no toy has explored before. Softer firmness will make that journey easier, but firmer will be more satisfying. He is a bit thinner than the average toy, so I think you'll prefer an 8 to compensate.

Sleipnir is *huge*. I haven't actually fit my XL in yet. The head will fit, but it's near my upper limits. Trying to insert the head of a toy that is near your limit is *very* challenging (I'll need an extended warmup for this guy.) If you are fairly confident you can handle the size, go for a large. In any case, I think you'll enjoy 8 firmness for him as well. Softer firmness can help with insertion, but I wouldn't scale down the firmness for that reason alone (either downgrade size, increase your personal capacity, or prepare to warm up a long time.)

9. Poster Nutbag

I actually did end up getting my toys already, a L/8/Chance and L/8/Sleipnir…. you can check em out HERE

But basically, my experience has been exactly what you described! Chance is certainly exploring new depths; he's the first toy I've managed to get around the bend or "past the second sphincter"… Which just opens up so many possibilities and makes me extremely excited to go further. Sleipnir is, as you described, HUGE and a real challenge. I'm able to get the head and a little bit of the shaft in, but theres still tons to go. I should be able to get used to it though :p gives me something to work towards. I reckon that an XL Sleipnir is the most challenging toy BD offers… He's among the longest and grittiest of toys, but unlike Flint or Crackers, you need to take the girth immediately and all at once… He's a real buttwrecker.

10. AustinFetish

AustinFetish Active Member

I'm one that prefers 8 firms for more noticeable ridges on my med Flint, or the glads ridge on my lg Duke, and finally for a more intense stretch. My pelvic bones will start to be pressed against at 9" in girth (the pelvic opening). To take 10" of girth, my tailbone has to flex back a bit. Then, 11" of girth can only pass with trembling persistence, but that is in 5 firm. 8 firm and 11" girth couldn't fit in.....at this point. So, I'm only considering firmness of 3 or 2 in order to take in more than 11" girth and have it squish pass my pelvic opening. I'm not sure which model I'll choose to try that with.

Still, if my bones weren't being pressed against, I'd stick with 8 firm for really feeling those ridges.

11. motrax

motrax Member

Seems to me 8 is less effort to get into places and all the details really pop out (feels like having your vagina/ass/whatever read braile). It also matches the hardness of other similar high-quality silicone toys on the market imo so it feels 'familiar' but so detailed and new.

AustinFetish likes this.