1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Members only subforums

Discussion in 'Resolved Suggestions' started by Snærhjarta, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Snærhjarta

Snærhjarta Well-Known Member

Some members have expressed concerns over their safety.

Perhaps it is a good idea to make adult discussions invisible for bots and guests

2. RenascentBeing

RenascentBeing Member

I would approve of that, actually. Of course, if someone is hell-bent on getting access they only need to sign up, but I don't know how you would control for that without it being bothersome.

kittyboy624 likes this.
  3. CactusWren

CactusWren The Pixel Frog Maker

Yes, I feel that the adult sections of the forum (adult discussions, the entire toy section and possibly even the secondhand section) should be made invisible to bots and guests. Some of that info is stuff some of us would not share outside of our community so it should be kept inside the community. It'll also make it less easy for minors to possibly stumble on it.

4. Keely

Keely The Happy Helpful Husky

I support this :3 it adds a little bit of security. Of course if someone really wants access it's easy, but if the sub forum is invisible they can't just stumble upon it.

Another way of improving security would be to put it behind a thing that requires permissions that come from reaching a post threshold. Like you have to have made 10-20 posts to get into the adult sub or something. For someone who is a legitimate user 10-20 posts is a fairly low threshold but it adds a layer of inconvenience to get rid of ppl you wouldn't want or people that would come here to troll 'fur fags'

kittyboy624, blackpaw and CactusWren like this.
  5. Snærhjarta

@RenascentBeing That's true of course. If someone is having stalkers, we can only do so much. But this would keep the private things away from google and from random internet people hoarding sexy pics/posting them to laugh at members.

I don't think the secondhand should be invisible to guests. I could potentially make selling easier if a guest sees something they like.

6. Snærhjarta

I was thinking about that as well.
    Would people support this? Having 20 posts to access boards like Adult discussions (they can still view more important stuff to new members in the help section)

I think it should be the same for the games board. Things like that are known to attract underage people.

CactusWren likes this.
  7. DameKathryn

DameKathryn Well-Known Member

This would be good, especially because there isn't an 18+ disclaimer to enter (unless there is now?)
    Actually there should probably be an age limit to join if there's not, too

CactusWren likes this.
  8. CactusWren

Yeah, we probably should have an age limit. Especially given the main topic of the forum.

9. RenascentBeing

RenascentBeing Member

That's a really good one. It would filter things out pretty nicely while not being too much fuss for serious forum members.

As for the age thing... again, if you're set on seeing things you're not supposed to, you just click '18'. It might be a deterrent for some, though. And it's just good form to warn people that this is an 'adult' forum, so if you're uncomfortable, you might want to close your tab XD

Privacy of the users is really important though, and making sure no hostile trolls come on here to laugh at the dildo people.

CactusWren likes this.
  10. Snærhjarta

Yes, there should be an age limit. I thought we already had one.

Of course if you're a minor you could just say you're 18. But having a visible games board and in the near future RP stuff really attracts them. And they always bring friends.

11. CactusWren

Why is it that minors are attracted to these specific boards so much?

12. RenascentBeing

RenascentBeing Member

Exploring and pushing boundaries, impressing friends with shock-value finds, and raging hormones. My guess.

13. Keely

Keely The Happy Helpful Husky

cuz they wanna have fun and want to be 'adults' and do sexy RPs. I know I used to do stuff like that when I was a teen. And teens just don't realize the kind of implications their actions can have. I know I didn't.

14. DameKathryn

DameKathryn Well-Known Member

If only they'd just keep to 4chan....

kittyboy624 likes this.
  15. CactusWren

Same here, though my only foray into the realm of adult content was reading smutty fanfiction.

16. Snærhjarta

I used to do it because I was genuinely interested in roleplays that had adult elements. I was lucky to have a safe place to do it.

17. blackpaw

blackpaw Silky smooth paws for sale

I think this is a great idea. I like the added security and the age limit and post limit threshold would give the forum a little more safety in terms of liability. We at least warn people and have some sort of necessary minimum before being able to access the more adult stuff. I would say the 20 post limit is good as it has been pointed out that getting 20 posts for someone who wants to be here will not be hard. Just have to pay attention to the short "Hi." posts though or people trying to game the system.

CactusWren likes this.
  18. Black-Cat

Black-Cat Old BD Lurker

I'm in total support of this, it would make me feel a bit happier if we had more privacy. :3

19. BDCA

BDCA The Tallest Staff Member

Minimum age of registration set to 18.

Adult Discussions section set to be only visible to registered members.

20. Black-Cat

Black-Cat Old BD Lurker

[​IMG]