1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Sex and Mental Health Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AmberMolonze, Sep 22, 2015.

1. AmberMolonze

AmberMolonze Member

Does anyone have any advice on how to get in the mood when you're feeling particularly depressed? I feel depressed most of the time and everything feels like it takes an immense amount of energy, including sex.
    Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

2. Exeter

Exeter Cuddly, Snuggly, Slutty Dragon

Plan ahead. Look forward to it. Structure it, think about pictures you'd like to take and poses and toys you'll want to use and find reasons to do it other than just satisfying yourself. I do it because I also want to make content for my tumblr fans and the forum, and because I look forward to it like that I'm always ready to do sexual stuff and try to catch the good bits on camera!

AmberMolonze likes this.
  3. AmberMolonze

AmberMolonze Member

This is great advice. I have never been super into taking pictures while having sex or doing anything sexual, so maybe opening myself up to that possibility would cause greater excitement for me and allow me to look forward to it.

Exeter likes this.
  4. Serathaiya

Serathaiya Draenei Tail Puller.

Don't put pressure on yourself and let yourself want it naturally.

Try to find things that really turn you on, concentrate on it, but don't masturbate. Do this a few times and the urge will return.

When my ex and I broke up I didn't want anything to do with toying or sex for a bit. Forcing myself didn't help anything so I decided to lay low on the sex stuff for a bit and waited until I was ready again.

5. Vitani

Vitani Tertiary antagonist

I feel like it honestly depends on the person.

Sometimes a break is all I need. When you are depressed, it's a medical issue that demands attention. Focus on yourself for a little bit, maybe talk to a therapist, or practice meditation. Focus on your happiness before you start worrying about sex. However, try to avoid taking antidepressants (unless you are REALLY bad and you need them.) as they tend to lower sex drives.

Other times, if I break out one of my toys at least on a weekly basis, it actually helps keep my sex drive up. Also, you could try taking vitamin D supplements, that seems to help me a lot as well.

6. AmberMolonze

AmberMolonze Member

Hi! Thanks for the reply. I am already taking vitamin D but I've had a lot of issues related to sex-drive, overall. When I first began the relationship I am currently in, my sex drive wasn't an issue. I seem to go through spurts where I'm not particularly interested in sex. It is not that I don't find my partner attractive, it just seems that I feel no urgency to have sex; however, I am hoping to change that because I miss intimacy with my partner.

7. SnowLycan

SnowLycan ☆*:.。.Mahou shoujo.。.:*☆

Sadly been chronically depressed the past 4 years now. I've attempted to toy or get frisky to no avail. So I concentrate on being happy every day instead of wasting energy on a pointless task. Sure there are some days were I have a sudden spike in libido, but seeing as I have not planned for it nothing comes of it.

But it truly does depend on the individual. If you are taking medication that is going to hinder things. If your depression is caused by low self esteem that will also hinder things. You just have to find the source of the sexual blockage and either work around it or burst right through.

Any insight in what might be causing your depression will lead to a way of helping the issue.

Exeter likes this.