1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

The "Bad Mood" Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dr. Tran, Aug 5, 2014.

1. SnowLycan

SnowLycan ☆*:.。.Mahou shoujo.。.:*☆

I know I shouldn't let what happened today at work put me in a bad mood but it may ruin my streak of no customer complaints for 10 years since working at my local store.
    I had a complaint put against me saying I was rude to said customer. Now everyone at work was shocked at this accusation as much as I was because I am never rude ever at work even if the customer is clearly in the wrong.
    There was a queue of people near the first till and I was manning the second till which is only opened when there is a rush on. As I was just finishing serving a customer and a gentleman randomly walks down an aisle and plonks his shopping at my till completely ignoring all the customers that are nicely queued up waiting to be called down. I response to the gentleman "Excuse me sir could you queue at the back of the queue over there please *points* Thank you and gave my customer smile. He picks up his shopping to go there turns round and puts his basket on my till again and walks out, leaving me totally confused.
    But I don't see how I was rude in anyway? He rings up probably 30mins later claiming I was rude he couldn't make up his mind at what I had said to him and is expecting some sort of compensation for his time and that he had to go elsewhere.
    Sorry I had to rant, but was I wrong?

2. Icestar

Icestar Transformers!

@SnowLycan i dont think you were wrong. he cut in front of other customers and you asked him to wait his turn.

3. Caracal

Caracal Warm-blooded Cat Furniture

Absolutely not, and I guarantee the customer just behind this rude person was probably very grateful. That's the kind of thing I'd probably go home and tell people about.

It's true that there is a polite way and a rude way to correct an oblivious customer, but given your record, I seriously doubt you did it the rude way.

4. SnowLycan

@Icestar @Caracal thanks, you two. I think what annoyed me the most is that he may tarnish my perfect record.

Also I personally hate it when people queue jump so why would I allow it to happen to my customers. If I did serve him I'd have to deal with more than one angry customer afterwards. My boss said I should just serve him the next time if he's an awkward customer. Which I think is wrong he should queue up and wait like everyone else if he expects to be served in my store. Plus a little polite manners from him wouldn't go a miss either.

DameKathryn, vahaala and Caracal like this.
  5. Velixer

Velixer The Musical Draconic Muse

@SnowLycan You were completely in the right. The customer was being rude by cutting in front of people who had been waiting in line for a while.
    What saddens me is that polite mannerisms are very quickly dying out because everyone thinks that they are more important than everyone else.
    Having worked for customer service for basically 5 years, I've seen some shit. And one thing I hate is when your bosses tell you to simply serve the customer that's making such a fuss. That's not how Psychology works (currently learning about conditioning and learning).
    If you reward some jackass for being a jackass, THEY'RE GOING TO CONTINUE TO BE A JACKASS!!!
    That's why I always take pleasure in following the rules and pissing people off because they had been getting there way for far too long and heaven forbid I follow the rules and charge them for what they get.
    Granted, I'm a hypocrite, so I'll just say that working customer service sucks ass.

SnowLycan likes this.
  6. SnowLycan

@Velixer That's my view on things too, if you let people do what they want and panda to their needs then they'll expect it everywhere. So I stick to the rules unless they are nice to me back. Niceness will receive niceness in return.

Velixer likes this.
  7. Velixer

True true.
    I actually had a nice customer today and it was refreshing :D

8. SnowLycan

I am so upset. My custom MLP vinyl scratch case arrive today. You think to yourselves sure that's a good thing right but no.
    They printed her upside down! Upside bloody down! I waited over 10 or more days for total disappointment. I am so upset the print looks really good as well. I checked over my order whether I was the one that made the mistake and nope I did not. So I quickly checked the website to see if I did it wrong and what do you know it is under maintenance and not accepting orders at this time.
    Gonna go sleep my days away cause I am fed up of everything going wrong for me.

9. Velixer

I absolutely hate registration day (school registration for classes), mostly because the schools website sucks major ass and can't handle vast amounts of people on it at any given time. So every time I try to log on when registration is around, I literally have to wait a good half hour before I can finally get in...complete pain in the ass.
    What makes it worse is that somehow the classes I tend to need fill up extremely fast, so I don't know how the hell that happens especially when I get first dibs of registering (being a senior and all)....UGH.

10. SnowLycan

Ok as I ranted yesterday about my failed MLP case the email I had sent to the company has been replied to this morning. My response furious. Not only did they fuck up my order they want me to use my own money to send it back for only two thirds of the price I paid for it refund that's excluding the money I have to use to send it back. I am not going to send it back.
    If any of you on here see this website below avoid it at all costs.

CELLPHONESHOP.NET

MurphyAlter likes this.
  11. AkaiKitsune

AkaiKitsune Boop

Goddamn I am pissed off.

I went and parked at a local store to go do shopping, wasn't even in there for 10 minutes. Came back out and found some prick has dented the rear quarter panel of my car and presumably fled. Now I'm looking at £55+ ($90+) to repair it, which I really can't afford right now.

12. Caracal

Caracal Warm-blooded Cat Furniture

Youch, sorry AkaiKitsune :(

Pardon my language, but fuck pms. I'm one of the lucky ones who never gets bloating, rarely cramps, blah blah, physical symptoms are a breeze. But I want to curl into a little ball and cry and I hate everything. It always feels like I'm actually upset about something real and valid, and it's not until I step back and think, "I'm pissed because I'm scared upcoming movie X is going to be scientifically inaccurate" that I realize how ridiculous it is, that I genuinely feel as upset about this stupid thing as I do, say, animal abuse. You'd think that would be the time you start laughing at yourself, but no, you still feel just as shitty as you did before, only now you know (1) your feelings are invalid, (2) you have the disconcerting realization that you're stuck in an organic machine that's gone haywire, and (3) you've now got to try to explain and apologize to any bystanders to your earlier tirades and feel like a psychotic imbecile for not being able to control it.

At least I know it will disappear in a few days. Then everything will go back to normal. I know, it's a stupid thing to be upset over when people are going through so much worse, and that just makes me even angrier that I can't summon the willpower to shut it off.

13. YogSothoth

YogSothoth Most definitely a vagina wielder

Moods don't work with willpower. They just... work. Don't beat yourself up over it. Just because it is caused by hormones, or because others might or might not have it "worse" than you, does not make your emotions less valid or real. (does not mean you have to "act" on them, you still have the choice how to behave, but you cannot willpower yourself out of the feelings itself). *hugs*

Reptile and Caracal like this.
  14. Reptile

Reptile Semi-Professional Butthole Spelunker

nah, don't ever think that. Other people having worse
    problems doesn't de-letgitmize yours. Besides, the fact that this what you worry about and not something worse is a good thing, and when you look at a lack of problems as a problem your essentially taking that for granted. Not trying to jump down your throat, just a poet peeve of mine.

Caracal and YogSothoth like this.
  15. YogSothoth

YogSothoth Most definitely a vagina wielder

Off-topic:
    Best typo ever.

MurphyAlter likes this.
  16. Reptile

Reptile Semi-Professional Butthole Spelunker

Lol, didn't even notice that

17. vahaala

vahaala Nobody wants him, he just stares at the world...

@Caracal I had my bad days too. I felt like you, invalidating my own feelings and having that feeling of my crap mood being totally insane and nonsense.
    It will pass. Especially when yours mood is caused by PMS and not by something else. *hugs*

Caracal likes this.
  18. SnowLycan

I really hate the time of the month because I get annoyed by everything and snap at people for the slightest stupid things they do.
    I don't mean to. D;

19. MurphyAlter

MurphyAlter The Floofiest

*notices all the period posts* Crap, the server's females have synchronized!

SnowLycan, YogSothoth and vahaala like this.
  20. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

well I'm actually a bit late on mine, maybe you're onto something here Murph