1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

The Video Game Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Searlefm, Aug 5, 2014.

?

What are you?

1. Dirty Casual On Console

25 vote(s)
    39.7%
  2. PC Master Race

38 vote(s)
    60.3%
  1. AdorableDurian

AdorableDurian Well-Known Member

Fair enough, like I said, just curiosity because I honestly believe with the way the market is moving we'll see more and more people slowly moving towards PC's in the living room (especially when they can be built to fit on a bookcase), and with PC's seemingly offering the better experiences currently. This might change with companies getting more comfortable working with the current gen system's, but we'll see.
    Exxxxxaaaactly why I'm not falling into that trap! But, hey, at least you get your monies worth!

2. Searlefm

Searlefm Well-Known Member

you did see me providing proof of 27 day of play time on KSP right?
    and you say your the one with an Asperger level

3. Mcsnuffles

Mcsnuffles Member

I'm definitely a PC guy, but like someone else said earlier, I do find a place for consoles. I have my N64 set up and it gets plenty of use. But to me, the role of the console seems to be shifting towards group games and social use. I used to live with 3 other guys in a house, and we had an assortment of Playstations, XBoxs, and other systems, and they rarely got touched on an average day. But come the weekend or a convenient night and we'd open a few beers and play games together, or invite a few people over and have 2-3 games going on at the same time on the 3 big screens in our living room. CoD on one TV, Smash Bros (64) on another, and maybe some Budokai or sports game on another.

4. Black-Cat

Black-Cat Old BD Lurker

PC MASTER RACE HERE

5. blackpaw

blackpaw Silky smooth paws for sale

PC all the way, but I'm not a snob about it....unlike those filthy consolers. I'm definitely better than them ;)

I'm kidding, by the way. I know how poorly jokes can come across. Please don't hurt me.

6. Grimmyr

Grimmyr Skitstövel ー!

Walks in to discuss games and a like for both consoles and PC--having a bit of a like for consoles than PC.
    Dies because of PC Master Race comments
    [​IMG]

BiosBits likes this.
  7. Dracoa

Dracoa Well-Known Member

PC Casual, what does that make me?

StarLuck likes this.
  8. Grimmyr

Grimmyr Skitstövel ー!

...a filthy casual. BAN DAT SICK FILTH.

9. MurphyAlter

MurphyAlter The Floofiest

I'm poor, so I have to hybrid. Laptop for good games, console for games with decent graphics.

10. Dracoa

Dracoa Well-Known Member

On the other hand, I'm looking to get a Gamecube USB convertor (allows me to use GC/Wii controller on my laptop) so I can play on Dolphin (GC/Wii emulator) properly. I tried playing Metroid Prime on keyboard, and it didn't work out so well. When I get some income, that'll be what I do. It's like $15 tops.

11. Ajax

Ajax Guest

Anybody play PS4? I am an avid Call of Duty player (I know, lame, but shooters are about the only thing I have an attention span for). If anyone would like to game with me, shoot me a message! I am always looking for friends to play with and talk to over mic.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
  12. Kukaru

Kukaru Guest

Does any one here play MMOs? I mostly play a TBS (turn based strategy) called Dofus. two of the classes you can play as are an anthro cat and panda. I play as a panda level 199

13. othersounds

othersounds Guest

I'm buying myself a Wii U for the sole purpose of the new Legend of Zelda game. Not Hyrule Warriors, the other one.

14. blackpaw

blackpaw Silky smooth paws for sale

I play mmos, Wildstar, WoW, SWTOR, and Neverwinter are my current ones. Mostly though I've been playing the shit out of Hearthstone and a lot of single player games.

15. Kukaru

Kukaru Guest

Yeah I have been playing Hearthstone as well and some Diablo 3 RoS.

16. Kitsy_The_Fox

Kitsy_The_Fox Noir Fox

To quote a certain little girl: ¿Por qué no ambos? / Why not both?

Heck I'm playing old school console games ON PC. *hugs EPSXE*

And then I play games like Fistful of Frags, which aren't even retail games...

17. Dracoa

Dracoa Well-Known Member

I can't wait to get Torment: Tides of Numenera. I backed the Kickstarter last year, and it's expected to release end of this year or into next year.

18. Kukaru

Kukaru Guest

19. MurphyAlter

MurphyAlter The Floofiest

20. AdorableDurian

AdorableDurian Well-Known Member

I've kicked more money that I would like to admit to that project. I have problems.

Oooh, oooh, are we posting our computers now?

[​IMG]

In about a months time I'll be getting into watercooling again, so that'll be fun. Also, I spend money on the dumbest stuff, everything from that Metal Gear Rex to those LCD-2's connected to my Schiit Audio Amp, hell, those 2 Transformer canvas' are limited print run of 5!