1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Toy stained by a dress

Discussion in 'Help, Questions and How-To's' started by Slimy Goblin, Jul 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Slimy Goblin

Slimy Goblin New Member

So my bd toy seems to have been stained by a black dress that touched it for ~10 days. Has anyone ever had something similar happen? Were you able to remove the stain and if not, did you continue to use the toy?

(Lesson learned: toys REALLY need to have a separate drawer)

Attached Files:

2. Psyche

Psyche Member

I've never had that happen but soaking it in baking soda and warm water might help get it off. I imagine the dress had to be new for the ink to bleed like that.

3. Fletch

Fletch The dude abides

Silicone is supposed to be non-porous, so I'd imagine its just a surface stain & it'll wash off. But I'm no expert

4. Villie

Villie wrow

Technically its microporous, aka the pores are too small for bacteria to reside but can still trap stains or smells

Kinda like how clean and sanitized tupperware can be stained but still be Clean haha

I suggest trying to sanitize the toy, which should help get atleast some of the dye out!

Skunkie and stuck-on-the-knot1 like this.
  5. Skunkie

Skunkie Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if the fabric content or something like sizing or similar reacted with the silicone?
    I had a toy once that was similarly stained and it was like a tattoo, indelible.

6. Villie

Villie wrow

I doubt it's a chemical reaction, most likely just dye from the clothes staining the toy hmm
    I've had certain clothes stain other clothes of mine or my shoes etc once in a while :'( Usually have tags that say to do a rinse to get out excess dye before wearing/washing with other clothes