1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

What Is On Your Mind?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kitsy_The_Fox, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

My ex called me at 7am this morning after 2 years of zero contact.
    We talked. It felt odd, but nice to catch up. Yea.... not sure whats going to come of this

2. vahaala

vahaala Nobody wants him, he just stares at the world...

The family just left. At least the room I spend the most time in is painted fresh, walls done properly, and I have (sorta) new floor. It's just OSB wood sheets (those, 12mm thickness http://blog.opensourceecology.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/hexahatch-attach-wood.JPG )laid on top on the old one, but it's still indefinitely better than my old floor there, which crakced and broke at least five times when I stepped on it. I even made photos of holes for proof if anyone wants to see (I doubt it). Thank God I didn't break a leg or something.

But I'm also tired as fuck, last two days consisted of getting up at 6:30 AM, eating breakfast, and then working non-stop until at least 8 PM, with only one short break for lunch. I need a break, both physically and mentally.

3. Jazzi the Pegasus

Jazzi the Pegasus Something Original

MY BODY IS READY FOR GEEK KON. I booked one night in the hotel. Fucking $179. the website lied to me saying it was $109 a night. DAMN YOU, MARIOT WEST. DAMN YOU.

First night I will be Lady Deadpool. Saturday I will be female 11th Doctor :3 I bought a fez and sonic screwdriver for the occasion. And a new wig.

4. GuyStripes

GuyStripes An automatonic shark pirate

Planning on taking a couple people up to St. Augustine, probably one weekend in September. It'll be their first time going, so we'll be doing a lot.

I think I also remember readin that this year is the city's 500th anniversary, and the King and Queen of Spain were planning on visiting. Doing some ceremony too I think.

5. SnowLycan

SnowLycan ☆*:.。.Mahou shoujo.。.:*☆

What's a super cool present to give someone for their 30th birthday?

6. Xephose

Xephose My neck cracks really loud

I dunno, I usually just get someone something they need or replace something of theirs that's broken or outdated. OR give them money, because everyone can appreciate money.

RedVixenFur likes this.
  7. SnowLycan

SnowLycan ☆*:.。.Mahou shoujo.。.:*☆

Yeah but I do that every year and it's the big 30.

8. doit666

doit666 Forever confused

three day weekend incoming! next week, not this week. this week i have a one day weekend...

9. doit666

doit666 Forever confused

30 tacos

10. Vitani

Vitani Tertiary antagonist

My sleep schedule is all messed up :/ I have to work tomorrow at 6 AM, but after work today, I was so....drained that I just collapsed as soon as I got home, I couldn't help it. I woke up for a few hours, then passed out again because I'm just SO exhausted?

Now it's 8 PM, and I'm...semi awake, but not fully. I can't function enough to actually do something worthwhile (like clean or make dinner) but I also know I won't get tired enough when I'm actually SUPPOSED to, which means I'll end up going to bed super late, and then I'll be fucked when it's actually time for me to go in tomorrow.

-sigh-

And drugs don't help. ANY kind of sleep aid I have taken in the past always leaves me so groggy the next morning at work, that it just isn't worth it. It's WORSE then if I didn't just get any sleep the night before.

I'm also having the telltale bodyaches, and I can smell sickness (don't ask, I've ALWAYS had a distinct smell around me before I get sick)
    I am going to seriously kill someone rn....I don't want, nor can I afford, to get sick. :/ UGH.

11. GuyStripes

There's this tavern/sports bar type establishment some people I know and I go to most Thursdays. They have have this duo of entertainers there Ralphiel and Co., but I learned today that Ralph passed away this morning. Doug, the other singer, said he was still going to perform as that's how Ralph would want it.

Here's to you Ralph.

12. scalie

scalie back pokin' snake

BOOZE!!!!!!

13. Wolfcat

Wolfcat Well-Known Member

*raises glass*
    That's a sweet little tribute from Doug.

@Vitani how much sleep are you getting overall (over the past several days?) I've been feeling the same. Getting home, sitting down, and falling asleep despite my best efforts to stay awake. I had a mild fever and bad headache today as well, but the real culprit is lack of quality sleep. Only a few hours per night the last couple.

I'd suggest "giving in" to the fatigue and going to bed. I know it's a PITA, and you might want to get things done, but you're likely not going to be productive while trying to fight the fatigue anyway. When you're only half awake at 8pm you may as well call it a night right there.

Anyway... Feel better, cat!

Vitani and GuyStripes like this.
  14. Vitani

Luckily, I have weekends off, so if I can just get through tomorrow, I have the whole weekend to catch up on some Zs <3

15. Dracoa

Dracoa Well-Known Member

Right now I have Sunday through Saturday off. Have since November of last year, and will until about the middle of next month.

Vitani likes this.
  16. Vitani

Oh? Where are you planning on working?
    Congrats BTW, I know finding a job was (for me a at least) a huge pain in the ass. I think it took me 8 months of actively looking. x.X

17. Dracoa

Dracoa Well-Known Member

I'm going back to work Haunt and scare people. Officially I start with fittings on the 10th of next month, then "orientation" on the 12th, followed by training days leading up to the last weekend of the month where we start. Then I'll have Monday through Thursday off through October 31. Likely working close to full time hours, since I should be doing the day time, kid friendly part as well. That means that I'll be spending from Friday midday through Sunday night (about 11pm) most weekends at the amusement park, only coming home (hour drive each way, give or take) to sleep. Saturday and Sunday get in around open (10am or so).

It's temp work, but better than nothing. Finding real, long term work is basically impossible for me.

18. scalie

scalie back pokin' snake

aw snap, looks like harbor freight is going to have the air compressor I want on sale this weekend. I might just have to go get it. I really want to have the ability to run some air tools, especially a brad nailer and some other stuff, plus the awesome air sprayer thing for blowing dust out of stuff, plus I could rig up a vacuum pump and make a vacuum infusion chamber for doing wood stabilizing and some other cool shit. and i just got paid
    giphy (1).gif
    also evil scientist thought occurred to me today, the worst thing ever would be to genetically alter killer bees to be able to produce snake venom

19. GuyStripes

I need a new air compressor as well. The one I had seems to have disappeared right around the time the people living behind me moved out...

So its almost three in the morning, and I can't get back to sleep. I have a three hour drive ahead of me, I have to leave at 9:30, and I'll be out all day, not coming home till around five in the morning. What do I do that's worthwhile to occupy five hours?

20. Reptile

Reptile Semi-Professional Butthole Spelunker

I just took a nap. don't tell anybody.

MurphyAlter likes this.