1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

What Is On Your Mind?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kitsy_The_Fox, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Exeter

Exeter Cuddly, Snuggly, Slutty Dragon

Happy October!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Compsense, Steel and Chelseapolitan like this.
  2. GuyStripes

GuyStripes An automatonic shark pirate

Pretty high energy game, though it was the second to last pre-season. Ended with a victory, 3-2. I'm excited for hockey season to be back.

@BorisLover : I'd just like to say you looked great in the couple pictures you've posted, but I'm glad your finding a solution to it.

@Dracoa : Due to the hurricane coming through?

BorisLover likes this.
  3. Velixer

Velixer The Musical Draconic Muse

Safely made it to my moms place, and boy is the rain really coming down >.<
    Good thing I beat it before it hit cause man it's bad

4. Dracoa

Dracoa Well-Known Member

Yup. I'm expecting we'll be closed all weekend, since I expect it to get worse before it gets better.

Heck, the State Fair packed up tonight and closed early for the season. They were supposed to be running through the 4th I believe, so they clearly expect terrible weather all weekend long.

5. scalie

scalie back pokin' snake

gotta go in for the academic review board thing tomorrow, got an email about noon, no attempt at seeing if I'm even available, luckily I am. this will be interesting

6. Grimmyr

Grimmyr Skitstövel ー!

I am pretty pissed off that the Steelers' kicker is so bloody incompetant. Missed 2 field goals in the Patriots game, missed 2 tonight against the Ravens (ALMOST missed 3)... Practically caused the loss because of it. > ~ > The game went into overtime 20-20 (though Scobee could've easily turned the game with those 6 points). I HATE FOOTBALL BUT I LOVE IT. *FUCK*.

Dare I say Josh Scobee is kicking himself in the ass tonight..
    BUT HE PROBABLY MISSED HIS ASS TOO.
    [​IMG]

7. YogSothoth

YogSothoth Most definitely a vagina wielder

I was on my way to work, saw my usual train had a delay, so I took another train, over a different route. 15 minutes later, we arrive at a station on the way, and get the message that this train will probably not continue, because of issues further on the road/tracks. So out train went back. I got out at my home-station, and took the subway back home. Arriving there half an hour after I should have arrived at work. So glad it was possible for me to work from home today, really saves me a lot of bullshit.

8. SnowLycan

SnowLycan ☆*:.。.Mahou shoujo.。.:*☆

@Jazzi the Pegasus if I do order it online it will still arrive sometime next week. So it's best for me just to journey into town on Monday.

On another note what's going on with people having to stay at home due to the weather. I rarely watch the news unless I walk past the tv in the living room. Which is only to pick up my birds and then put them back to bed again after they have played out of the cage all day.

Jazzi the Pegasus likes this.
  9. Poster Nutbag

Poster Nutbag Prefers the company of snakes over bees

Ughhhhhhhhh.....

After feeling like crap for two days with a bad fever/headache, I felt great yesterday... I wake up today and my tonsils are like giant balloons in my mouth. I can't win!
    I just wanna feel 100%...

Exeter likes this.
  10. GuyStripes

@Dracoa : Similar news from a buddy of mine just outside of Philidelphia.

They're not expecting the worst, but they're not expecting the best either. How bad is it suppose to be up there?

@SnowLycan : There's a hurricane coming through that's suppose to make land fall soon. Mostly along the northeast coast of the states.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  11. Jazzi the Pegasus

Jazzi the Pegasus Something Original

I believe the only time I'd miss work due to weather is if road conditions are too treacherous for me. Like, if there was blizzard-like conditions, super heavy rainy fall, that reduced my vision and made the roads slippery. I can't afford to get into another car wreck =/

12. Exeter

Exeter Cuddly, Snuggly, Slutty Dragon

I think poster's bumble glows in the dark!!! Last night as I was crawling into bed I noticed a slight glow! I'm going to charge him under a lamp tonight and see what happens!!

SnowLycan likes this.
  13. GuyStripes

My sheath glows a bright green. Like, lightsaber green.

14. Dracoa

Dracoa Well-Known Member

Not sure anymore since the hurricane veered off to the East, but it's been raining all morning here, adding on to all the rain from the past week. Quite honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the drains at the park are overflowing now. They can't handle all this rain. IF I do work tomorrow, and this rain keeps up, I doubt it will be for long.

15. AkaiKitsune

AkaiKitsune Boop

It dawned on me today just how fucking weird it is that our brains and bodies have a variety of chemical releases and ergo emotional reactions depending on the kinds of shapes that we see. It's also fucking weird to me that we have certain shapes that we like better than others. Biological organisms are strange.

Exeter likes this.
  16. YogSothoth

YogSothoth Most definitely a vagina wielder

I just woke from a 1.5 hour nap *yawn*

17. SnowLycan

So does everything shut down so to speak when a hurricane happens. I have only seen them on TV. But they look super fierce. How do you protect your property and gardens?

18. GuyStripes

@Dracoa : Just have to wait and see.

@SnowLycan : Sand bags to prevent flooding, metal sheets or plywood to protect your windows. Bring everything from outside that you can't tie or bolt down. Tarps for your garden I guess.

Really the things to worry about are flying debris and flooding.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  19. SnowLycan

So there is nothing really you can do except try your best to prevent it. Wow and you guys have to do this every year?

20. Dracoa

Dracoa Well-Known Member

We've not had a hurricane hit directly here that I can think of, but even the outer reaches of it can bring strong winds and flooding. The winds have gotten strong enough (even without a hurricane) to bring down smaller trees, and I'm as such an elevation that flooding is not as big of an issue.

Yep. So far tomorrow is still on.