1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

What Is On Your Mind?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kitsy_The_Fox, Aug 5, 2014.

1. GuyStripes

GuyStripes An automatonic shark pirate

Yes... why do you ask?

2. SnowLycan

SnowLycan ☆*:.。.Mahou shoujo.。.:*☆

Don't know why but I feel incredibly irritable and have no idea why.
    Even watching the latest episode of MLP didn't help.

3. Serathaiya

Serathaiya Draenei Tail Puller.

Am now man, but I tell you that crap is a force to be reckoned with if you aren't the best with self control like I am. I drowned all my sorrows in it and it became a habit. Being sober was a pain in the ass for me and I was a fool for letting it grab a hold of me so the rest of you, take heed and be cautious. Just because it's easily available and "socially acceptable" does not mean it's safe.

Also try to pay attention to diet...if you don't eat properly, take vitamins! I was surprised at how good I feel just by eating well. It's a little annoying having to be so cautious but after a week I feel better than I have in a looooong time!

Wolfcat likes this.
  4. Wolfcat

Wolfcat Well-Known Member

Good to hear :3. Yeah, I can related to addictions in a way. The repercussions are nowhere near as bad as drug or alcohol abuse, but my sugar addiction is no joke. I can stop eating sugar for a long while and not feel cravings, but as soon as I hop back on the ice-cream bandwagon it's difficult to stop.

Don't need to tell me about the benefits of a good diet XD. I'm one of the resident health nuts around here.

5. Eloe Elwe

Eloe Elwe White Muzzle Coyote

I almost forgot.....The Renaissance Festival is coming to town next weekend!
    A shame I have to work......All the good stuff happens when I have to be asleep.............darn!
    Gee, I wish it was a week long or more event, like the one back home in Colorado. It's only for three days, here in Vegas.
    Even though I was broke last year, @Willow and I had a decent enough time when we went.

*Sad Coyote..........:(*

6. scalie

scalie back pokin' snake

watching a thread someone made to talk about offering more counseling and mental health services to help prevent suicides and mass shootings devolve into a screaming match about 'privilege' and 'ableism' and telling people to go kill themselves. yeah, cause that's totally not part of the problem.

7. scalie

scalie back pokin' snake

gotta go to the grocery store, seems someone ate just about everything I was planning to use for dinner and ignored my "do not touch!" notes

8. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

uuugh I hate when ppl do that shyt. Roomate gripe no1, right behind that is not cleaning up after themselves

9. MurphyAlter

MurphyAlter The Floofiest

I've let someone complimenting me completely ruin my mood and my day.

10. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

?????

11. scalie

scalie back pokin' snake

for me it's annoying because the person who does it knows jack shit about cooking for themself so the few times they actually make something for themselves they use up all of something, like a few weeks ago instead of just getting their own dinner they ended up using all my canadian bacon to make a burrito. just WTF? there's lunch meat and leftovers, but they immediately put a whole package of canadian bacon on a tortilla with salsa and microwave it and then bitch to me that it isn't very good

12. MurphyAlter

I've already covered this in the bad mood thread, but a REALLY cute girl complimented me on my favorite video game shirt, and I didn't even attempt to make conversation. ;~;

13. Velixer

Velixer The Musical Draconic Muse

You can't get sick from the flu shot Snow.

MurphyAlter likes this.
  14. GuyStripes

I've had one of those small burns on the tip of my tongue for a couple days. Very annoying, let me tell you. I've been tongue-fucking a cup of yogurt to keep it cool.

In other news: Vault of Souls

http://www.thevaultofsouls.com/

I may have to check this out.

15. Poster Nutbag

Poster Nutbag Prefers the company of snakes over bees

Didn't think it got particularly cold in Florida :p

16. GuyStripes

For a creature of the light, who likes the heat and direct sunlight, anything under 70 is cold. Not uncomfortably, but enough for long sleeves.

During the dead of winter, it can get down to freezing temperatures at night and normally in the low 40s F during the day. Not as bad as most places, but damn cold enough for me.

17. Poster Nutbag

Poster Nutbag Prefers the company of snakes over bees

Some people do get some minor ailments, just like injection site irritation/bruising, and there's some very rare major conditions they can cause, but yeah, mostly flu shots aren't going to harm you.

Velixer likes this.
  18. scalie

scalie back pokin' snake

made some ravioli and some homemade sauce then baked that fucker with mozzarella and cheese. too bad my computer won't recognize my digital camera right now or I'd make people jealous.

on the flu shot thing, usually when people get sick after a flu shot it's almost always something else entirely than what the flu shot covered. some people's immune systems can get overstressed from trying to deal with the harmless antigens in the shot so other stuff can get a foothold

19. MurphyAlter

THANK YOU

20. SnowLycan

SnowLycan ☆*:.。.Mahou shoujo.。.:*☆

@Velixer @MurphyAlter
    Flu shots contain all 3 strains of flu virus and the antibodies to fight it. So your immune system either fights it off naturally or is aided by the flu shot. Because the shot naturally takes 2 weeks for the antibodies to be fully excepted into your system.

So yes if your antibodies are weak at the time of the injection you will certainly come down with the flu.