1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

What Is On Your Mind?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kitsy_The_Fox, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Exeter

Exeter Cuddly, Snuggly, Slutty Dragon

Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret. - Francis Bacon, De Augmentis Scientiarum (1623)

"Slander boldly, something always sticks."

2. vahaala

vahaala Nobody wants him, he just stares at the world...

... For some reason I stopped recieving alerts. Must be some kind of undread post blocking new alerts from activating. :p
    Anyways I *almost* had some luck yesterday; I was in a pub drinking with friends, and I don't even know when two girls joined our party. They said that I'm pretty adorable, but apparently even alcohol isn't able to supress my shyness and whatnot, so I didn't ask them for number. Bummer. Maybe another time, it's still some bit of progress :p

Exeter and Serathaiya like this.
  3. GuyStripes

GuyStripes An automatonic shark pirate

Gun show and a football game. That's my schedule today. Could not sound more stereotypical southern American even if I tried.

I should mention the gun show is for me, then headin over to my uncle's house to meet family and watch football. Kind of an early family get together for the holidays.

4. Jazzi the Pegasus

Jazzi the Pegasus Something Original

No i don't, but it's just something to consider in the future if I ever want to make this a full-time thing, which I doubt I would given how much I hear other artists on Tumblr having a hard time making payments. Just got asked to make my Xmas list is all, and I wrote down that I wanted an Intuos.

5. SnowLycan

SnowLycan ☆*:.。.Mahou shoujo.。.:*☆

I do also plan on buying one. My grandma left me some money in her Will and she always liked my drawings so I'll buy one with the money she gave me when it's all been sorted.

6. GreyFoxx

GreyFoxx Well-Known Member

Can't get my center speaker to work so back to 2.1 i go.

7. Reptile

Reptile Semi-Professional Butthole Spelunker

Speaking on behalf of the rest of the south: we dont claim Florida.

MurphyAlter likes this.
  8. GuyStripes

That is a deal we are more than happy to accept. We may have our moments, and we definitely have our characters, but we're no where as crazy as the collective south.

MurphyAlter likes this.
  9. Rassandra Gendal

Rassandra Gendal Well-Known Member

More a rant about the attitude of the internet. Posted criticism of a server owner's selfish habits back in the day, got that "Now that's what I call edgy!" meme image in reply. Post comment on a forum that I'm tired of X in life, get told "Go be emo with the rest of your goth friends, we don't want that shit here."

Hey, I just wanted to drive around in my bathtub, just like the Russians do!

10. Jazzi the Pegasus

Jazzi the Pegasus Something Original

If anything else a bigger drawing tablet is all I really want (but don't need as my tablet still works fine).

11. GuyStripes

There's actually a group of motorcyclist who drive around Ybor (a very small version of New Orleans here in Tampa) on powered water coolers. I kid you not.

12. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

I.........can't tell if this girl I work with is flirting with me or just that foreign kind of friendly.
    She is a sweet, beautiful Hispanic girl with an adorable accent and a student worker at the university. We've maybe only worked together 4 or 5 times, but I feel like she might be sweet on me. She's always doing little things that could be construed as flirting. For instance, yesterday when I greeted her she squeezed my elbow when I passed by, cute little comments always sprinkled through our conversations, and more than once I would look up to see her smiling/looking at me.

Now of course this could all just be in my mind. Its so damn hard being a girl and trying to recognize when another girl is low key flirting with you because its socially commonplace for female friends to be extra close and touchy feely. What do you guys think?

13. GuyStripes

As a guy who is completely clueless to when someone is flirting with him, I'm going to say yes.

Sounds like she's just a very friendly person, or may have a slight thing for you

14. SnowLycan

SnowLycan ☆*:.。.Mahou shoujo.。.:*☆

Same ...... I'm totally clueless to when someone is flirting with me ..... well except the arrogant ass hole types. But from a females view I tend to be super friendly towards others especially females because if I make a happy environment it means a safe environment.

Has she done anything other than smiling and such to you?

15. Rassandra Gendal

Quite frankly, I'm jealous because amongst guys, that's /traditionally/ taboo. A quick way to get yourself ganged up on in the parts of the world/country that still don't look kindly on homosexuality (even if it's just being friendly!)....I want to be able to give a hug to a friend or complement their looks regardless of gender or affection/lack of affection.

There's a part of a rage comic compilation that does a good job summing this up, let me go find it.

16. Misskin

@GuyStripes Graaaaa, but which onnnnne?
    @SnowLycan she hasn't done anything that could be outright considered hardcore flirtation. So shes either just being friendly or playing it extra safe since we're at work or that's just her flirt style
    @Rassandra Gendal I do not envy cis guys having to constantly be on guard about protecting masculinity. It so very frail

17. GuyStripes

By your description and not seeing it myself, I'd say she's just being friendly.

18. Xephose

Xephose My neck cracks really loud

Everything would be so much easier if everyone was just upfront about that kind of thing. I remember in highschool a girl got pissed off at me after we'd been chatting for a few weeks because I had neither turned her down or asked her out, and had not acknowledged her flirtations. I didn't even know she was flirting in the first place.

GuyStripes likes this.
  19. Misskin

@GuyStripes > o < poo
    @Xephose yea that would be ideal, though if things worked that way, I don't think romantic comedies would ever exist lol (not that I'd care, I haaate that genre)

20. Rassandra Gendal

Yes, yes it is. And as someone who doesn't care about gender, but who had a rough upbringing, I'm really only on guard IRL, due to worry over....more physical repercussions.

Also, I found it. It IS a rage comic, fair warning if you don't like those. EDIT: How do I link a specific time in a YT video here, without it automatically converting it to an embed link...?