1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

What Is On Your Mind?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kitsy_The_Fox, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Chelseapolitan

Chelseapolitan Don't dream it, be it!

Is that a satire site? xD I can't tell if she is seriously saying that or is just doing it for lulz. Holy Hell lmao.
    Today I'm feeling nauseous. I started zoloft two weeks ago and yesterday my doc added abilify. I think it's the latter that is making me feel like shit. :c Guuuh.... What will work for me?

2. Rassandra Gendal

Rassandra Gendal Well-Known Member

Friend got his phone stolen (it happens), along with around 30GBs of music and two HD movies (ouch). The kicker is that he's a budding DJ, and it held his set list that he had been working on for 8 months, and he didn't have a backup because that was his backup....I'm an empathetic person when it comes to friends, so I'm just as bummed as he is now. -.-

3. Xephose

Xephose My neck cracks really loud

I seem to have given someone a special kind of butthurt (and not the good kind of special either). Short story, I was in a debate with them about evolution, spanned a good number of posts and I was arguing against multiple people. Towards the end, they didn't respond for a good ten days, I come back when they finally respond saying that I'd given up, they deleted half my posts because it was their thread and they couldn't handle my argument. Lucky me, I actually took screen shots. They deleted my posts with links to the screen shots and denied that I'd ever posted them.

Sheep and Exeter like this.
  4. othersounds

othersounds Guest

That's advanced butthurt.

Sheep likes this.
  5. MurphyAlter

MurphyAlter The Floofiest

Slept in again! x.x

6. Poster Nutbag

Poster Nutbag Prefers the company of snakes over bees

It's one thing I've just decided is pointless to debate in the Internet... Never seems to get anywhere no matter how good the points laid down are.

7. RedVixenFur

RedVixenFur Spaintard

Cruxification incoming.
    Almost puked right now, Game of Thrones reference in the new MLP episode. I'm so sick of "Prepare/Brace/Hold Yourselves winter is coming". How much I hate that series of books, I can't even stand it. Bleergh
    On other note, best RD song.
    PS: shots were fired, none dodged. Kokoro is mostly brokoro.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  8. Xephose

Any good debate isn't about convincing the person you're debating, it's about giving the people who read it or are otherwise witness to it something to think about or research on their own time. There person you're debating has already made up their mind, chances are if a person is looking to read or watch a debate, they are one of two kinds of people. They've made up their mind too, and want to see the other side ridiculed, or they've got doubts either way and are looking to see two opposing arguments presented. Debates should always be for the benefit of the later.

9. Poster Nutbag

Poster Nutbag Prefers the company of snakes over bees

I know... It's just such an overdone debate... It's gotten stale, repeating the same bits over and over. It's also a debate that tends to get childish quite often. I do quite enjoy my research, and like to share what I know, but have no desire to debate the subject anymore.

Exeter likes this.
  10. Xephose

I'll admit it didn't start as an evolution debate, that was just one of the main talking points, and it was the longest running as well. It was the only point that my opponent continued to attempt to address from start to finish, he gave up on all the other ones before he pulled the delete maneuver.

11. Wolfcat

Wolfcat Well-Known Member

12. MurphyAlter

[​IMG]

13. Xephose

Saved for future usage.

Sheep, Exeter and MurphyAlter like this.
  14. scalie

scalie back pokin' snake

and this is why I don't get into arguments on the internet, it doesn't change anything and if the other person is a real asshole they'll just delete all evidence of your side of the argument, which is what almost every online keyboard warrior does. I figure let them fight it out on the internet, if they choose to play with snakes or not vaccinate or refuse modern medical intervention or whatever else, and it harms them, that's their own choice, and a good silent lesson for anyone else that sees it.

15. MurphyAlter

The issue is when they start convincing other people who may not know any better.

16. Xephose

I don't care too much when/if this happens. It just shows that their arguments were so weak they had to pretend that my argument didn't even exist in order to win, even in their own minds. The moment they step into the bounds of cheating territory is the moment that I win.

Besides, nothing prevented me from just starting another thread directly above that one, with all the screenshots as evidence. Then everyone knows the thread starter is a liar and his credibility is lost.

17. scalie

scalie back pokin' snake

but would it really accomplish anything significant?

18. Xephose

I may have changed a few onlookers' opinions, and I may have shown a few people that this person isn't trust worthy. That's enough for me really.

MurphyAlter and Exeter like this.
  19. Exeter

Exeter Cuddly, Snuggly, Slutty Dragon

I used to enjoy debating evolution with creationists, gave me an opportunity to do research. And besides, as Christopher Hitchens said, when asked if he ever tired of debating religious folk, No, because you never know what they're going to say next.

Sheep likes this.
  20. scalie

scalie back pokin' snake

but you would also piss off their little cronies and make them even less likely to have a logical debate. the whole situation ends up escalating no matter the outcome