1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

What Is On Your Mind?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kitsy_The_Fox, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Reptile

Reptile Semi-Professional Butthole Spelunker

Eh, it's just an idle thought.

2. Velixer

Velixer The Musical Draconic Muse

Up relatively early, kinda don't like it despite the fact that I'd be up and about in another hour anyways

3. bronson_twist

bronson_twist Silicon connoisseur!

Only a ginger, can call another ginger ginger...

But my favorite is still lullaby.

Exeter likes this.
  4. SnowLycan

SnowLycan ☆*:.。.Mahou shoujo.。.:*☆

Happily reading all nice and snug. But now I have to go to work and earn a few bucks.

Exeter and Misskin like this.
  5. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

Btw
    I don't think I've complimented you on your new icon yet, its really cute

SnowLycan likes this.
  6. bronson_twist

bronson_twist Silicon connoisseur!

Replies to this post looking for gratuitous compliments on his own new icon.

BTW @SnowLycan I agree with @Misskin your icon is really cute.

7. RedVixenFur

RedVixenFur Spaintard

I already want winter back.

8. vahaala

vahaala Nobody wants him, he just stares at the world...

This cute bug buddy decided to stick with me :D
    20150509_145852.jpg

Serathaiya and Rassandra Gendal like this.
  9. Jazzi the Pegasus

Jazzi the Pegasus Something Original

Hmm what do I want to eat.

10. Reptile

Pus-nah, nah
    >.>

Jazzi the Pegasus likes this.
  11. Reptile

Had me an interesting encounter while I was stopped at a red light. I was next a bus stop where I saw the prettiest lady I've ever saw. Light skinned, or maybe mixed, wild hair like fucking scary spice. It was kinda awkward when see saw me staring at here, but I managed to get a smile. The light was about to turn, so I had to think on my feet. I grabbed a pen and paper out of the glove box and wrote my number down and made it into a little paper airplane all while people are honking at me like crazy. Hit her right in the goddamn face, so might of lost some points there but I think I got a fighting chance. She smiled one more time, I winked and was gone. Now let's see if she calls me.

12. Exeter

Exeter Cuddly, Snuggly, Slutty Dragon

Was listening to that! (Prejudice) He was singing it with Ed Sheeran!

bronson_twist likes this.
  13. Shardik

Shardik Well-Known Member

Tell me, if you went by yourself, what is the worst thing that could happen (that doesn't involve a meteor falling from the sky)?

14. Rassandra Gendal

Rassandra Gendal Well-Known Member

Good luck Rep :D

15. MurphyAlter

MurphyAlter The Floofiest

In my experience, if I go without knowing anyone, I end up clamming up and talking to nobody, and if it's a particularly large group, I've been known to hide in a corner and freak out.

16. SnowLycan

@Misskin @bronson_twist thanks you guys I have been practicing a little on my galaxy note 8.0. This one was a quicky seeing as everyone has their own personal avatars now it seems.

@vahaala that's a shield bug, darling. Very common in leafy areas.

17. SnowLycan

Just to a gander at bd's current stock. Why in the world are there so many toys with suction cups pre available. When usually it's like finding them premade, is the same as finding a needle in a haystack.

Exeter likes this.
  18. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

omg lol that was fuggin BRILLIANT
    I think you earned points not only on originality, bravery, but also FUNCTIONAL plane construction

Exeter likes this.
  19. Chelseapolitan

Chelseapolitan Don't dream it, be it!

New phone! :3 now I can post from away from comp.

20. Wolfcat

Wolfcat Well-Known Member

This entire thing is amazing XD. You're awesome.

Sorry for not responding sooner. I went straight to bed after my last post.
    Also: My method is not the best, but it worked for me. Worked as in: I'm visiting 3 people I've met online.

First off: Figure out what you're looking for. Friends? Relationships? No-strings flings? The answer affects how you go about things. I was/am primarily looking for friends, and a girlfriend. This might actually take quite a bit of thought on your part. You want to meet people, but what do you want out of it?

Everyone I'm going to see is/was from BD. BD/DH is my little social hangout. It's somewhere I fit in, so it's natural to get to know everyone. Heck, you even get a glimpse into everyone's personality, for free, based on their forum posts. So, interact! Try to keep your interaction as similar to your real life personality as possible (barring RP.) The last thing you want is to attract people to a fake version of yourself.

I think you're pretty well known around here, but interacting and being yourself extends to any other social circle. Even IRL. Especially IRL. Is that difficult for social recluses like us? Yes, but it gets easier over time. Personally, being more outgoing online has translated into being a bit more socially comfortable offline. Just keep at it. Keep interacting.

How to interact? On the forums, PM people you want to get to know better. Introduce yourself, and a topic, or question (for ideas, figure out what interests them.) Listen to what they say, and respond. Share your thoughts. Talk (text) to them like any other person. A lot of people here you already know a bit about, and can base your dialogue off that.

Real example: My first few PMs to one friend I'm meeting, we talked about work and school (the first PM was spurred by a related forum post.) Our jobs. Dream jobs. What we're studying... more subjects popped up as we went. Talked about our past and experiences. Shared views on things... basic interaction. We had a lot in common, or at least our personalities meshed well. They're not interested in a relationship (with me, they have a boyfriend), but I had found a friend. We keep in touch, play video games, and, yes, we talk about dildos a lot :p.

I don't really treat potential mates/girlfriends/whathaveyou different from friends, with the exception that I find them physically attractive. So it's the same thing: PM, talk, and see how you interact. Share yourselves. Is it going well? Keep talking. If you find someone you mesh well with, and want to meet IRL: Let them know. They might be thinking the same thing. That is exactly what I did, and they said yes. How will it go? Who knows. In the mean time, we interact fairly regularly. We're both gamers to an extent, so we spend a lot of time virtually hanging out. She's a fan of WoW, and while I'm not, we have a lot of fun playing together.

TL;DR:
    Engage someone you want to know.
    Talk/type. If things go well: Try and find things to do together.
    If things are going *really* well: Propose meeting (if that's what you're after.)

First part is the hardest, I know :/. Best singular bit of advice (again, reiterating) is to be yourself.
    Final note: This is based on online interaction. I would *highly* recommend interacting with locals. Speeds the hell out of the entire process. That said, that advice makes me a hypocrite XD.

Serathaiya likes this.