1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

What Is On Your Mind?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kitsy_The_Fox, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Keely

Keely The Happy Helpful Husky

yeah :( I mean I knew he was getting old (he was 15) but we didn't catch the cancer until quite literally the day before we had to put him down because the only indications of him having it was loss of appetite, loosing weight, and losing his hearing. All of which are normal old-dog things. So it was really sudden and I still miss him so much.

2. Wolfcat

Wolfcat Well-Known Member

Oh that's terrible :(. My own (well, my parents) dog is dealing with cancer as well. Huge (fist-sized) tumors growing under his skin. Right now they don't seem to be causing pain, but he wouldn't survive a surgery, so there's nothing we can do for him.

On a lighter note, it's good to see you again :3. This place is a little slower now, but hopefully some familiar faces drop by to say hi!

Anywho, I'm off to bed, so nn~

3. Exeter

Exeter Cuddly, Snuggly, Slutty Dragon

Went shopping with my mom, got a few things. Saw my sister, she cautioned me about moving in with my dad. Apparently he's a drug addict who likes hookers. We'll see what happens out there...

4. scalie

scalie back pokin' snake

a BIG spider tried to stow away in my work backpack. managed to get it out without having to make its insides its outsides. I've seen a ton of weird and cool looking bugs and spiders with this job (still fucking hate centipedes though)

Sheep likes this.
  5. Eloe Elwe

Eloe Elwe White Muzzle Coyote

Hi there Keely!
    Good to see you back!
    So sorry to here about your pup.

6. Rassandra Gendal

Rassandra Gendal Well-Known Member

I usually do prefer human opponents, because as long as they're not the unsavory types (another version being those like my brother, who will demand you play a game by a certain set of rules, aka his rules, or you're an asshole regardless of how anyone else plays it), it's far more enjoyable.

Even when a game's AI is "Better" than you, I've almost always found it to be incredibly distasteful or dull. Red Alert 3, I can own the AI half the time, and then suddenly all three AI players gang up on me with doomsday weapons before settling into a roughly stalemate battle between each other where the victor is anyone's guess. Even Supreme Commander, where I rank roughly between the Medium and Supreme AI in terms of economy efficiency, and the AI is naturally faster and better at building bases and armies and moving through the Tech levels. All that makes it look like an impressive AI Opponent, until they reach Tech 4/Experimental Stage. From what I've seen amongst human players, that's endgame if the battle isn't over by then, but instead of smashing each other or me, they simply devolve into Experimentals patrolling their base and SOMETIMES sending one out to meet the other, and randomly launching nukes at either each other despite presumably knowing about the other's anti-nukes, or if they don't know where you are, launching them in places like the corner of the map or the middle of oceans......there is a reason why I say SupCom's AI loves to carry the Idiot Ball.

KEELY! :D

7. Sheep

Sheep Pluviophile

Phone prompted me about a new OS update.
    Everything is bigger and bubbly and I'm having trouble finding if I can change my menus to a dark background again. White backgrounds are hell on the eyes.

Also picked up some toys I'd given the partner way back when. His decision in regards to them is...hard to describe, comforting in a way? just nice we're on the same page. So now I gotta make him some more things to use. :3

Chelseapolitan and Exeter like this.
  8. SnowLycan

SnowLycan ☆*:.。.Mahou shoujo.。.:*☆

I really hate it when my anxieties flare up and my paranoia starts to naw at me.

9. bronson_twist

bronson_twist Silicon connoisseur!

Dog is asleep on my lap, having one hell of a dream. Barking, twitching, weird little whines. All in all, bloody funny to watch.

Sheep likes this.
  10. Velixer

Velixer The Musical Draconic Muse

Morning all, I really wish my sleep pattern would fall back to normal. I feel like some sort of anxiety is keeping me from getting proper sleep, but I can't pinpoint the direct causes of it.
    @Keely It's good to see you again Keely *hugs* And also terribly sorry to hear about your dog, I know how it feels to lose pets, it never gets easy.

11. doit666

doit666 Forever confused

So done with work.... Can I just go back to con life? Except without having to pay for a hotel or share a room and actually be able to get sleep....

12. Jazzi the Pegasus

Jazzi the Pegasus Something Original

So my crush guy says he'll be in Madison on Monday....*prepares to start a kidnapping plan* :3 mine.

13. AkaiKitsune

AkaiKitsune Boop

I'm just going by experience. Sure I've met distasteful female gamers, but I can count the amount on one hand. As opposed to the amount of male gamers across many genres who I lost count of within the first few months of online gaming.

Sheep likes this.
  14. Chelseapolitan

Chelseapolitan Don't dream it, be it!

@Sheep were you able to get the large xeno? :3

In other news, IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY YES

15. Shardik

Shardik Well-Known Member

On the other hand, I spend all freaking day working with people, travelling with people, negotiating with people. God, the last thing I do when I finally get to fire up the console is play with people. Gaming is the one realm where I (a) don't mind too much being interrupted by my family (it's not like I was actually, you know, writing code or documentation or anything that requires brainpower), and (b) I don't have to interact with real human beings. I get more than enough of that in real life.

My biggest frustration is that when I do work at home, my family seems to think, "Oh, you're home, so I can interrupt you." They really have no idea the physical pain that comes from having one's context torn apart by a casual, "Oh, can you just..." No, just stop.

RedVixenFur likes this.
  16. Velixer

Velixer The Musical Draconic Muse

Day 3 of 4 for work before having a couple days off.
    It's kinda nice having as many hours as I do, just wish people would be not as assholeish

17. Reptile

Reptile Semi-Professional Butthole Spelunker

S-son???

18. Exeter

My sister mentioned holding the tray he was snoring coke from. If that's the case I'm going to be VERY unhappy.

19. Exeter

You might remember that both my grandparents died back in November, my family sold their house and has been getting the runaround. My grandparents stupidly made my aunt the executor, for no logical reason. She just doesn't have the acumen for this sort of thing. The house sold on Monday and the cheques just came today, for no obvious reason. They're also for a sum total of $105,000 even though the house ostensibly sold for $160,000. Even when you account for the fees (~$7000) we're coming up ~$45000 short. My aunt is clueless about this and has no paperwork reflecting the terms of the close. My uncle wants us to call CBC news. My stepdad wants us to call the police. Until we know what the terms were we can't do anything about it. And the lawyer left the office ~2 minutes after we picked up the cheques. And now there's nobody there who can tell us anything about the sale. Everybody is counting on their cheques for something important and everybody is equally fuming.

20. Abylgan

Abylgan Enigma

Slept way longer than I meant to. A two hour nap became four hours. Oh well.