1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Wrong Size From BD?

Discussion in 'General Toy Discussions and pictures' started by Zastavan, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Zastavan

Zastavan Abandoned Account

So awhile back I ordered a Crackers from BD, a clearance one as they call them now, and they later told me that "Hey this isn't a Large its actually an XL" before shipping it to me and I ended up getting a new made Crackers from BD for the same price and in L like I wanted.

Recently I ordered a Large Flint during the Black Friday sale and received it. Fast forward a few months and I have actually realized that its probably not a Large but instead a medium. These are the measurements I took and told BD I got "My measurements are about a 7 inch usable length, about 9 inches in entire length and the widest circ is somewhere around 9.5."

The crackers was over 2 years ago so its not like its back to back orders but I don't have a huge number of order with them either so its pretty annoying. I was honestly wondering why it was so easy to fit the flint, hah. I contacted them yesterday about it and am awaiting the response that will probably just disappoint me. Anyone else have this issue where they have sent the wrong size toy?

2. Knotydes

Knotydes Well-Known Member

had this happen with my Nova, except it was the other way around i ordered a XL and the listed toy was a large. They made me a new one in a surprise color. that was years ago though.

They also sold a Varka I purchased. Again they made good on their mistake, but i also added a SC, so it turned out for the best. Also the surprise me color they did turned out really nice.

I dont know what they gonna do for you about your Flint, it has been some time since the BF sale. Ticket is all you can do

3. Zastavan

Yeah its been like 3 months. I just totally expected it was the size they said because thats what it said all over. I thought I was more skilled than I am for but stuffing. Honestly if this is such a reoccurring issue they should be imprinting size information on the toy somewhere to keep this from happening. Its a bit odd instead of doing something like that they started just putting their logo on newer models, but oh well.

If they don't give me either a partial refund or preferably a decent discount on another toy I just will stop buying from them. I don't need to deal with companies that short me either intentionally or due to ignorance of their employees. I don't buy from retailers that I have to worry about receiving the right product.

4. stuck-on-the-knot1

stuck-on-the-knot1 Ember

Any time someone has received a toy in a wrong size, they have always offered a new toy in the correct size in a surprise me color and bump it up to the top of the queue. So you will get your correct size and also get to keep the other one you received for free in the end so usually when they screw up, its more of a win-win on your end really.

There is no point in imprinting the size on the toys as they should know what size is their own products and I don't think they would ever intentionally try to lose revenue by sending the wrong size and having to lose money over a repour. That wouldn't make much sense

5. Finn.E

Finn.E Active Member

About 9 months ago, I ordered a custom Sleipnir in small but received a medium. I contacted support and provided them with pictures and they let me choose between 30$ in cash or a new small Sleipnir. I ended up selling the medium Sleipnir thus making money and getting a toy for free.

stuck-on-the-knot1 likes this.
  6. Zastavan

I mean they just have an L or M or XL stamped somewhere on the toy like their logos, that way the person putting the toys into the inventory can take one look at the toy and see the size without having to remember all the models individual sizes especially if they are new or a seasonal employee. Im guessing that not having any indication of the size on the toy is part of why mistakes keep happening.

I don't know what they will do. I sent them pictures that they asked for with the toy next to a 12oz can. Its up to them, but if I'm not happy with what the outcome is I'll just start buying from EE more. Not a big deal to me.

When I say intentionally I was thinking about the "Amazon Marketplace" which I just totally avoid because of the incredible amount of fakes and bootleg products. I was speaking generally and not exclusively about BD.

7. Zastavan

Well I guess I'm gonna soon own a Neon Magenta Large Flint in the future as they offered to make a new one for me. Didn't expect them to go that far.

8. Dj Hayden

Dj Hayden Active Member

Saw this thread and decided to check my collection.... Seems that none of them match any sizes stated on the site. 2 diff rolands first one i ever got 3 years ago always thought it was smaller than it should be, and a large roland literally just got days ago neither of them match the size chart on any given area..not sure what to take from that maybe the sizes are just a guideline they have to gey close too but not actually meet i guess. Idk the med supposed to be 9 total length mines a little larger than the small should be at like 7.8 in. And the large i have measures in at 9.8 in total length and should apparently be 11.. Idk im about to make a ticket for the large seeing how i just got it but the med one was almost 3 years ago now.

9. Zastavan

Measuring something that is rather odd shaped like this can be difficult and it can vary a fair amount depending on exactly how you take the measurements. You can always take a string and measure the thickest part of the toy (circumference) aswell to help confirm what size you are dealing with, though on crackers or flint style of toys this can be harder to achieve with accurate results.

Also BD has pictures with a standard 12 oz soda can. If you have one of those simply set it beside your toy and compare the pictures on the product page. Thats what they asked me to do. If you still think they are the wrong size contact BD.

10. halounam

halounam Active Member